MAG Pbars may kill ME this year!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

rosiekat

Proud Parent
ARGH!

So after his pbar routine at the first meet, where he added stuff in and left stuff out, we went to the second meet. His pbar routine was beautiful...except for the fact that this time, he left a swing out altogether, instead of going handstand, swing, handstand - he did handstand, drop, straight back into handstand - so he actually made it harder but STILL NOT RIGHT!!! His coach said he didn't even know where that came from!

Where's the smack my head emoji when I need it?

Other than that, a pretty solid meet but he's still getting used to the fact that everyone who has stuck it out this far (L6) is likely at least somewhat talented and a hard worker, so the competition is tougher. He medaled in 3 events and AA - he was most proud that he actually medaled in mushroom, as it's been his nemesis for the past 2 years.

ARGH!

So after his pbar routine at the first meet, where he added stuff in and left stuff out, we went to the second meet. His pbar routine was beautiful...except for the fact that this time, he left a swing out altogether, instead of going handstand, swing, handstand - he did handstand, drop, straight back into handstand - so he actually made it harder but STILL NOT RIGHT!!! His coach said he didn't even know where that came from!

Where's the smack my head emoji when I need it?

Other than that, a pretty solid meet but he's still getting used to the fact that everyone who has stuck it out this far (L6) is likely at least somewhat talented and a hard worker, so the competition is tougher. He medaled in 3 events and AA - he was most proud that he actually medaled in mushroom, as it's been his nemesis for the past 2 years.
Those little details really get you in compulsory. And, yes, there is a big drop-off in number of boys at level 6 so the competition gets tougher.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back