WAG Peeling during routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

squid

Gymnast
Hi guys, I’m a level 9 gymnast that can’t seem to connect a routine through because I constantly feel I am peeling off.
My routine is kip squat on, pirouette-shoot over connection giant giant half, but when I try to connect my cast handstand giants directly from the kip I either can’t because I can’t get a good grip with my hand on the top of the bar to do it, or I stop to adjust my grips and then go, but I still feel I am peeling off unless I readjust my grips... my coaches are at a loss of what to do because I have peeled off landing on my head before on several occasions. I guess what I am asking is do you know anyone with this issue and/or how to fix it? (I tried to attach a video of my routine from a meet ago so y’all can get a feel for how I swing bars, perhaps a problem in how I do my kip or giants? However it said it was too large to attach even with only six seconds. If someone could help me in order to attach it)
Sorry if this is confusing, I can clarify! Just to reiterate, I have trouble connecting my routine with no stops because I feel I am slipping off during my giants and sometimes even as I do the glide for my kip.

I tried to attach a video of my routine from a meet ago so y’all can get a feel for how I swing bars, perhaps a problem in how I do my kip or giants? However it said it was too large to attach even with only six seconds. If someone could help me in order to attach it

You have to upload the video to Youtube and then link it here.

no advice as I am just a mom, but I had to say I initially read that title as "peeing during routines" and thought WHAAAA????

Do you use grips? If so, are they nicely fitted? Is iT time to replace them because they are too stretched? Your coach can tell you all those things, ASK him/her

Just a quick update, my coaches and I have perhaps found the problem. I am used to wearing my grips too far on the side of my hands so I am gradually working with new grips to make sure they mold correctly and learn to keep them centered. I still feel like I’m slipping a little but not nearly as bad.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back