WAG Perfect 10s

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The routine was very good. It’s my understanding the landing isn’t judged in elite compulsory bars so that doesn’t factor in. I did see a couple bent arms and a leg separation so I’m not sure it was an actual 10.0 but again, If they had given big scores earlier and hers was that much better, I can see it.

I’ve witnessed two 10s in the last four years. A L4 beam routine our first year and a L8 yurchenko pike last year. The vault was a thing of beauty. The whole audience was hushed after it waiting for the score. Everyone recognized perfection when they saw it.

I saw a yurchenko 1.5 score 10.05 last year... awesome!

Rachel Flamm (currently stanford freshman) has two 10s on vault (actually, 10 and 10.05) during her JO career.

I saw a yurchenko 1.5 score 10.05 last year... awesome!

Rachel Flamm (currently stanford freshman) has two 10s on vault (actually, 10 and 10.05) during her JO career.
That 10.05 was a mistake. They even talked about it at congress this year, that there is never a score above a 10.0 in JO. But she will live on in infamy with that score.

She received bonus points for connecting her circles, so she may have had a few small deductions but the bonus points added up gave her the perfect 10.
That makes sense, thanks for clarifying! I noticed small legs separation on both front giants and was thinking that maybe judges didn't notice it from their angle of view, but now with the bonus points it makes perfect sense. Her routine was amazing!

Really, what about this other 10.05 vault I witnessed when my daughter competed at this same session:

That 10.05 was a mistake. They even talked about it at congress this year, that there is never a score above a 10.0 in JO. But she will live on in infamy with that score.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 11.51.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 11.51.22 AM.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 70
Well, we were at Buckeye last night and a girl in my daughter’s level 4 session scored a 10.0 on vault. Yes, you read that correctly....level 4 vault!

Really, what about this other 10.05 vault I witnessed when my daughter competed at this same session:
It's a mistake. The judges weren't doing it right. The highest start value allowed is 10.0 +.1, but there is not to be any score above a 10.0, even with the added .10. (That was 2018, btw. It has been clarified since then.)

Oh interesting - good to know!

It's a mistake. The judges weren't doing it right. The highest start value allowed is 10.0 +.1, but there is not to be any score above a 10.0, even with the added .10. (That was 2018, btw. It has been clarified since then.)

I have no idea how the elite compulsory routines are scored so may be right since I’ve seen similar landings for those. Her routine was incredible.
I asked the mom, and apparently she did get a .2 bonus for a connection (she explained what that meant, but I don't fully understand - LOL!)

Only at all star type meets which are run/scored liberally, IMO. I'ts more to be fun than anything.

My dd got a perfect 10 at a level 4 all star meet on bars. She knew it was liberal scoring, but it was still a lot of fun and she still talks about it. After she dismounted the whole team started chanting "10! 10! 10! :) Ironically, her routine at state that year was better than the one at the all star meet. She scored a 9.75 for that one.

Are perfect 10s given very often at meets you attend? Were the routines absolutely perfect, as you’d expect from that 10 score?

Tonight I saw a video of a bar routine posted on Instagram and it was beautifully executed in form and technique and was awarded a perfect 10.
Someone just got a 10 at the Lady Luck comp in Vegas on floor. I want to say she’s a l8.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back