WAG Physical therapy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymbird4

Proud Parent
Gymnast
Recently, my daughter was diagnosed with patellar tendinitis and was given physical Therapy exercise to do. She usually gets between half and three Quarters of them done each day. It is hard for her to find time to do them and she doesn’t really like doing them. How should I make sure she gets all of her exercises done?

I would tell her “If she doesn’t get it done on her own than she obviously doesn’t have time to go to gymnastics and needs you to supervise her PT” .

She must do it, she does not have a choice. Her long term health is at risk.

When it comes to health and safety I’m mean.

Having just had a daughter finish up 4 months of PT for the same diagnosis...she needs to take personal responsibility and follow-thru. Get up early and do it, do it during gym, stay up a little later. She needs to find the time to make it happen if it is important to her. Also you are paying a doctor bill and a gym bill so this is her responsibility to do everything she can to heal properly and get back to a healthy place. My daughter had a very long and painful recovery from this so be sure she understands that if she does not get on top of the PT and stay on top of it, gym will not be happening. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but with the amount of time and money involved with injury management and gym bills....she needs to want to do this otherwise it shows that getting healed and back into gym isn't a priority to her. It is also not fair to her coach or teammates for her to not be giving it her all toward healing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back