Parents Pixie's 1st Ever USAG Level 4 Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

*Warning...brag alert*

Hello fellow Chalk Bucketeers :)

Friday was Pixie's 1st USAG Level 4 meet after being moved up from just plain ol' level 4! She did so-so, score wise. But came out feeling like a princess!

She had such a blast she was glowing from head to toe! She really enjoyed the atmosphere of the meet and the comradery with her teammates. In level 4 the girls didn't cheer each other on like they do in the USAG level 4. Plus she got to wear a long-sleeved leo and she thought she was all that, lol!

She may not have won on the podium but in my eyes and her's she was the all around winner of the night!

She started out on

Floor: her routine is more polished on the little things...hands, toes, knees, etc. She held her first handstand longer but needs to hold the second one a tad bit longer. Her RBHS have more power but she is still bending her knees.

score: 8.8 7th place

Bars: Her bar routine has improved drastically, in my eyes anyway, lol! She just carries herself with more confidence. She missed her stride circle. Well, over rotated. She was on cloud 9. So, I didn't have the heart to ask her about it. It is what it is. I thought she was amazing!

score: 8.4 7th place

Vault: Up next her nemesis, haha! Actually it's her favorite even but the one that she has the hardest time with, go figure! Her first vault...the best I've ever seen her do!! I couldn't believe it was her! straight as an arrow!! Who is this girl!?! The 2nd vault...not so much, lol! Huge pike and flopped it over. I told her I wouldn't put it in the video ;)

score: 8.9 10th

Can anyone tell me how they score the vaults? Do the take they best score or average the two together?

Beam: Very solid for her! A few balance checks but no falls and she did her dismount! Her leap is still very timid as is her handstand. She is working hard on getting it to vertical. She can do it at the gym most practices but since she is afraid of the beam I think she just played it safe.

score: 8.65 3rd

All Around: 5th place out of 16

In my eyes she was a winner :)

The team got 4th place and her teammates let her take the trophy home for the weekend, since it was her 1st meet with them. So sweet!!

Well, here's her montage if you are interested. As always be sure to click the link on the bottom right hand corner of the video for better quality~

[youtube]2mSWWJS0zyE[/youtube]

Thanks for your time ~pixie flips

Last edited:
Oh I saw the video earlier on youtube, she is sooo cute. I thought she had a lot of polish for a first time. She did an awesome job on everything.

For vault it is the best score of the two.

She did awesome!! I remember seeing her last video and she was very similar to how my DD was doing, but I think Pixie has improved so much more. She is obviously working very hard on the little things, it shows! I thought she looked really good on beam, not timid at all. :D And her floor and bars have come a long way as well. I bet she will just keep getting better! Tell her congrats!!

Thank you so much, Bog! It helps that they were the exact same routines from level 4 to USAG 4. Since moving up she practices 11 hours a week compared to 4 1/2. I'm glad all that practicing is paying off because she works her little bootie off. I have to admit it seems a lot at times and I let her take off a day here and there. Oh, and thanks for the vault info! Good to know. I'm glad they didn't score her 2nd vault, hehe!

mariposamama, I will tell her you said so! Thanks for the sweetreplies. It is rewarding to see those extra gym hours pay off! She's come a long way since her crash on beam. She's still really scared of it and is her least favorite event but even in all my years a a gymnast I was never as good as she is on beam!

Thank you both for watching. She gets a kick out of seeing herself on video! It's become a fun thing that we do together!

Last edited:
Great Job! She looks very polished - Im sure she will do better and better after getting this first one over with.

Very impressive results for a first meet! She should be very proud of herself. I mean 5th place is fantastic, especially out of 16 girls. I always felt if you finished in the top half, that it was a "winner day!"

Good job!

You are all so very sweet! I read Pixie your replies and she asked "are they talking about me?"!

Too cute! She is so painfully shy she was blushing cheek to cheek!!

gymnut, thank you! She is becoming so much more polished than even just a month ago. It amazes me how much she has grown as a gymnast since moving to USAG level 4. Even though they are the same routines as before.

Granny Smith, thank you, too! She is very proud. She told me for show and tell on Monday she told the class about her meet and the medals she received. If you knew my daughter that is huge for her to speak in fromt of the whole class like that! I'm proud of her as well :)

Thank you, Netty! She's been working hard on them, bless her heart!

Wow! I think she did an awesome job. She looks very comfortable. Congrats on your first USAG meet Pixie flips! Such a great story about her teammates letting her take the trophey home. Sounds like a great bunch of girls.

What a fantastic 1st meet! She did wonderful and will get even better as the season progresses. Way to go!

VERY nice!!! I hope my just-turned-8-year old can do as well at her first meet!:p

Pixie did really great, she is going to be awesome as the year goes on!

Emma's mom, thank you!! That was so sweet of the girls. They take good care of Pixie and often tote her around like she's a baby doll, lol! Pixie is the youngest in their USAG level 4. She's 7 and the next youngest is 9 and then the rest are 11 and up. It was so strange going to the meet and seeing the rest of the gyms with bunches of 6,7 and 8 YOs!

nw ohio gymmom, madigym00, MdGymMom01 and Gymmonkeymomma, Thank you all for the sweet replies! I think I better try to explain myself a little bit better so you don't get the wrong impression. This wasn't Pixie's 1st meet. She started gymnastics at the beginning of last season. She competed one meet as a level 1 then the rest of the season as a level 2. After last season they moved her up to level 4. She competed 2 meets this season as a level 4 gymnast. Then she got moved up to USAG L4. This was her first meet as a USAG L4 gymnast. So, she already knew the routines. I hope this clears things up a bit! Sorry for the confusion :fluffy:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back