Parents Pixie's *crazy* but fun meet report!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi! :)

I'm a little late reporting about the meet after the fact since the meet was the weekend before. But the weather, here, has been nasty and I've been rolled up in a little cocoon and didn't want to come out, lol!

Pixie was supposed to have another meet this past weekend but it was cancelled due to the weather.

Now for the meet report:

Pixie was very excited about going to this meet. She had a blast there last season so she couldn't wait to go. She had so much fun this time, as well. But some wild things happened at this meet that I had never seen.

First up was beam. I don't like when they start on beam...because I get nervous, lol! But Pixie did fabulous and scored a 9.625! We were sitting above the beam so I was keeping an eye on the scores coming from the beam judges throughout the meet. Well, Pixie's score held up really well until the last team. Then the judges gave some crazy scores. A 9.9, 9.85, and a 9.8! The lowest score they gave for that team was like a 9.5. I've never seen beam scores given out around here higher than a 9.7. I was shocked! The routines were not that amazing, imo. But I kinda felt bad because some of the parents in the stands were booing the judges.

Next was floor. Pixie was very solid and received another 9.625. Maybe it was a trend? lol! I was so excited for her. She stumbled on the pose & salute. I think it was because she was making an effort to get a better rebound on her ROBHS...which was soOo much better!

Vault was next and my nerves were calmed by this point. I figured no matter what happens here she'll at least have a solid score. Oh how wrong I was, haha! The first vault she had a very strong run, hit the board then.....did a forward roll!! WHAT!?! lol! Turns out the coach forgot to remove two springs from the board and Pixie just couldn't get any power from it. I almost put it in the video but she begged me not to :p The second vault was the best I've seen from her this season! So I figure well at least she made up for it. Not so. She got the lowest score out of her whole team. My husband and I were baffled. Do you think they took into account the first vault impression? 9.35

Last was bars. Always a strong event for Pixie so I thought she could make up some points here but she was so wobbly and loosey-goosey that wasn't to be. I think she was trying so hard that it just wasn't as strong as it usually is. O well she still did great and received a 9.25!

She had so much fun with her friends that nothing mattered to her. I was afraid she would be upset not getting 1st AA for the first time this season but she never even said a word about it! She just talked about her friends and the candy they got and the free t-shirt, lol! What more could you ask for? :D

beam ~ 9.625 (3rd pl - 1st & 2nd went to two girls from that that group on beam)
floor ~ 9.625 (1st pl)
vault ~ 9.35 (5th pl?)
bars ~ 9.25 (I can't remember)

AA ~ 37.85 (her highest AA to date!)
3rd place

Now here's the wildest thing from the whole ordeal......
Pixie picked a non-Hannah Montana song for her video, lol!!

YouTube - Pixie's Gymnastics Meet Montage ~Level 4 ~ TWOG Invitational ~ BEST AA SCORE~ floor beam bars vault

~hugs to all!~

Last edited:
Absolutely, positively exquisite!!!

I am so glad Lilly does not have to compete against Pixie - LOL!

I think her bars should have scored higher. It was hard to tell on vault, her power sent her out of the camera's view - LOL.

Wow, Pixie had a fantastic meet! Those were not wobbly bars at all! She definitely should have gotten a better score. Congratulations to Pixie on such an amazing AA score. When is States? She is going rock!!

Meg

She is amazing!! Her bars were NOT loose, they rocked! Everything was just beautiful. She has lovely form, pointy toes, poise, etc. Beautiful! Congrats to her and her team!

WOW amazing scores! Amazing Form! :D Congrats! It seems crazy she didn't place first in everything with scores like that!

Her bars were solid! everything so beautiful!!! I'm looking forward to seeing her move on to level 5 . . . and so on

Pixie's routines are so nice and polished! She did great. Thank you for sharing!

Also a huge congrats to her, for doing well and being level headed!

WOW!! Amazing scores!!! I have NO IDEA what you are talking about in regards to the loosey-goosey bar routine :confused:--that was amazing! And all her other scores were outstanding as well. By your narrative I was expecting to see 7's or 8's for scores :rolleyes:. You are one tough critic!!! :p.

Your dd is extremely talented and did a great job! Congrats!!

Thank you all for the sweet replies!

Just a quick update before I head to the chiropractor. I should explain myself better about the bars comment. I couldn't understand why she got so low on bars but when I went to make the video I could see the routine more clearly. The only thing I can think of that made the judges give her the score she got was the wobble on the dismount and when she did her shoot through she fell backwards but saved herself from falling off the bar.

I think she did fabulous! I think she deserved a better score but the judges were so up & down the whole meet. But I'm just mom so I always think that :eek:

Sorry I didn't explain that better in the first post but I was trying not to write a novel, haha!! :D

I'll reply when I return later to everything else.

Thanks again everyone. You guys are always so supportive!

From Hannah Montana to Black Eyed Peas... excellent song choice. Cait, in addition to her Doc Ali Visualization CD, she always wants to listen to that song as well...

Pixie looked tremendous... Very very polished. 37.85 and third place. That is a super duper high score.. I was very impressed with her presence and poise...

Great Job Pixie...

Sean

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back