WAG Platinum beam dismount options

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sbaker22

Proud Parent
DD has recently been struggling with front tuck beam dismount and I am wondering if there are other non-salto Platinum level beam dismount options we could substitute, if needed, for State next weekend? Worst time ever for a mental block on a skill she has been doing for years....

She could do a front handspring off the end. I think a round off would be okay as well, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I can check when I get to the gym if someone else hasn't commented.
Has she tried an aerial off the end? It's a salt, but they aren't super hard or scary. It's what most of my more fearful kids do when they want a "real" dismount.

She could do a front handspring off the end. I think a round off would be okay as well, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I can check when I get to the gym if someone else hasn't commented.
Has she tried an aerial off the end? It's a salt, but they aren't super hard or scary. It's what most of my more fearful kids do when they want a "real" dismount.
Thanks for the options. Wasn't sure what all would count as a "dismount" and wanted to make sure before I speak with her coach about options, if she isn't back to normal by the meet.

How old is she? I would encourage her to talk to the coach herself about her fears and dismount options. It will help her take ownership of her own gymnastics and may even help her work through the fears by feeling more empowered.

How old is she? I would encourage her to talk to the coach herself about her fears and dismount options. It will help her take ownership of her own gymnastics and may even help her work through the fears by feeling more empowered.
She just turned 13 is not the best communicator. She tells her coach that she doesn't know why she is scared of it now and that she doesn't know what will help overcome her fear. Her coach is being patient and trying different things but I wanted to discuss other dismount options (that won't lower her SV and that she will do) with the coach should she not work it out by meet time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back