Off Topic Please Help Me Before I start to cry....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok, so I have my maths exam tomorrow :O and I've noticed this type of question keeps coming up but I am completely baffled by it! I asked my maths teacher but she confused me even more, I asked my family and they didn't even have a clue so if anyone could help me I will love you for the rest of my life!!!!

X= k over Y cubed. k is a constant. So I know that means X is also equal to k times 1 over Y cubed.

If L is doubled what effect does it have on T?

And if 3 to the power of N equals 81 how on earth do you find n?

Ok, so I have my maths exam tomorrow :O and I've noticed this type of question keeps coming up but I am completely baffled by it! I asked my maths teacher but she confused me even more, I asked my family and they didn't even have a clue so if anyone could help me I will love you for the rest of my life!!!!

X= k over Y cubed. k is a constant. So I know that means X is also equal to k times 1 over Y cubed.

If L is doubled what effect does it have on T?

And if 3 to the power of N equals 81 how on earth do you find n?

Ahhh, math, my specialty :D. But I don't get your first question. Because you talk about k, x, and y, but then ask about L and T. Is there more to the problem (like any definitions such as "let L = 3" or something like that?

The second question....use the "trial and error method"....my favorite method. Note that x^2 in computer notation is x squared. You know N can't be 0 or 1, because that gives an answer of 1 and 3 respectively. So start multiplying 3 times itself. 3 x 3 = 9 (which is 3^2)....not 81 so keep going. But..remember 3^3 is simply (3^2) x 3. So take the 9 which you already calculated, and multiply by 3. (3^2) x 3 = 3^3 = 27. Not 81, keep going. 3^4 = (3^3) x 3 = 27 x 3 = 81! There is your answer, N = 4.

Hope that helps a lil!

I also don't understand your first question cuz you didn't give any info on L& T. I'm real good in math too. And I have alot of time on my hands right now as DD just quit gym last week. So email me if you get stuck on a problem and I will try to help. I usually check in in the evening unless I'm traveling for work. Good Luck!!!!

Ahhh, math, my specialty :D. But I don't get your first question. Because you talk about k, x, and y, but then ask about L and T. Is there more to the problem (like any definitions such as "let L = 3" or something like that?

The second question....use the "trial and error method"....my favorite method. Note that x^2 in computer notation is x squared. You know N can't be 0 or 1, because that gives an answer of 1 and 3 respectively. So start multiplying 3 times itself. 3 x 3 = 9 (which is 3^2)....not 81 so keep going. But..remember 3^3 is simply (3^2) x 3. So take the 9 which you already calculated, and multiply by 3. (3^2) x 3 = 3^3 = 27. Not 81, keep going. 3^4 = (3^3) x 3 = 27 x 3 = 81! There is your answer, N = 4.

Hope that helps a lil!

Yay thanks!!! The first question was a mix up of two i was trying to do lol- I was panicking so badly!!! It didn't come up today THANK GOD! But the paper was solid!!! Thanks anyway!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back