Parents Please send any spare fairies our way Sat night

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
We have a meet Saturday NIGHT at 7PM!? What were they thinking? level 5 has mostly 9 & 10 year olds . . .

DD hurt her foot Saturday and has been going lite on it all week. Tonight there is no practice and tomorrow will be the first time in a week (and last time before the competition) that she's done her routines and vaulted. I'm a nervous mom. :eek: As if that wasn't all enough . . . the nose is running . . . uuuuggggghhhhhhhh

So please send all the spare luck, health, stay awake fairies our way!

Sending all fairies your way! We had a meet last year on a Friday night after a long day of school. It started at 6pm and did not end until after 10:00! Most of the kids were falling asleep by the last rotation. They had beam last and it was past 9:00pm - they almost all fell off. At least your session is on a Saturday and you can let Jess sleep in as much as she needs to that morning. We have a meet next weekend that starts at 6pm on Saturday night - a sectional to boot. What a rotten time! I wonder who schedules these things?! I hope Jess is feeling better all around and has a great meet!

Meg

[quote= What a rotten time! I wonder who schedules these things?!

Well, I have done it, and let me say, it is not easy. If you haven't done it, you have no idea what all has to be taken into consideration. If you are renting a facility you have to deal with their schedules (what time can we get in to set up, what time do we have to be out, etc), then you try to make all of the sessions as equal as possible so the competition is fair. You try to make the start times as reasonable as possible but at the same time they have to be planned so that you have some extra time built in so you can keep on schedule and if you have a big meet with more than one session at the same time you need to try to stagger the start times so that everybody isn't coming and going at the same time and so much more. And then you wouldn't belive the emails and phone calls we get at the gym before the meet. We get many requests to change schedules to accomodate individual needs or preferences (some reasonable, some not). I actually had one parent request that dd's team be moved from a morning session to the afternoon so they would have time to walk the family dog before leaving for the meet. Sorry for your dog, but no can do.

Sending her lots of good luck fairies!! Those late times are hard for some kids. Mine would love that. She is at her best at night. :) Hope her foot will be all better and she can do her best and have fun. All the fairies coming her way!!!

Lots of good luck, and healing your way!

Don't stress too much, I find that sometimes a few days off before a meet gets you extra fired up, and you are less tired and overworked!

Well ours is Friday night with general warm-up time starting at 6pm so I feel your pain. Even worse that is level 3 so a lot of 6 and 7 year olds. After a full day of school too, though we are letting Midget sleep in.

But anyway, all fairies will be sent on over after we finish up. :D

I'm sorry but the walking the dog thing cracked me up !!!

Well, I have done it, and let me say, it is not easy. If you haven't done it, you have no idea what all has to be taken into consideration. If you are renting a facility you have to deal with their schedules (what time can we get in to set up, what time do we have to be out, etc), then you try to make all of the sessions as equal as possible so the competition is fair. You try to make the start times as reasonable as possible but at the same time they have to be planned so that you have some extra time built in so you can keep on schedule and if you have a big meet with more than one session at the same time you need to try to stagger the start times so that everybody isn't coming and going at the same time and so much more. And then you wouldn't belive the emails and phone calls we get at the gym before the meet. We get many requests to change schedules to accomodate individual needs or preferences (some reasonable, some not). I actually had one parent request that dd's team be moved from a morning session to the afternoon so they would have time to walk the family dog before leaving for the meet. Sorry for your dog, but no can do.

What time are you weekly practices? Do they run in the evening too? Who knows, it may be a blessing because it won't seem "out of the norm" to your DD.

Let us know how she does? It is amazing how resilient they can be when it comes to meet time.

Sending the "Starbucks Vanilla Latte Fairy" your way! Beetle is offering up her Bar Fairy for the weekend!

Good luck, all that adrenaline will get your DD through the meet. But she will crash hard that night!

Sending you the energy fairy, you'll both need that one! I am sure she'll do great sometimes a little break can do wonders!

We will send all the fairies we have after we use them tomorrow morning - we have the first start time 8am, so we are missing school. My dd is usually crabby early so I hope this works out. I understand its difficult to set the times so you don't always get what you hope for - at least you are Sat vs. late on Sunday with school the next day. Good Luck!!!

sending good luck and feel better fairies! I can relate, we have a meet that starts at 5:30 on Friday the 18th. of course it's also 2 hours away! and my DH can't get off work early enough to go, so I'm taking my 5YO twin boys with us too! Should be fun:rolleyes:

She'll do fine. Good thing our kids won't know how stressed we are about these things until they are parents themselves.

Snowbound

so I'm taking my 5YO twin boys with us too! Should be fun:rolleyes:

Snowbound

Oh Snowbound....I am sending you very special "patience" fairies.....I know how my 2 boys (age 5 & 6) behave at their sister's meets so I am sure you will need these fairies...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back