Please someone clear this up for me!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
What is a "DD" I see people using it in referance to their kids. I am a dancer and I go to dance message boards and see the same thing and for the longest time I thought it ment "dancing daughter" but it must me something else since it is used on here! Please help me out with this one :)

What is a "DD" I see people using it in referance to their kids. I am a dancer and I go to dance message boards and see the same thing and for the longest time I thought it ment "dancing daughter" but it must me something else since it is used on here! Please help me out with this one :)
It might mean that on the dancing message boards. But here it means darling or dear daughter. You will also see DH(Darling husband) & DS(Darling son). Hope this helps!:)

Or if you're mad at your dh it could mean d*** husband!!! ;)

Take the letters for what they are worth, but they are pretty universal across all message boards... :)

I post on another board that is totally unrelated to gymnastics or sports for that matter and we still use the same abbreviations.

There is a whole language of "Netlingo" out there that is used not only on message boards but with the kids for text messaging too.

If you want to see more then you can check this out

The Largest List of Text Message Shorthand (IM, SMS) and Internet Acronyms Found of the Web - kept current and up-to-date by NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-)

only a few are used regularly on message boards but if you text on the phones the kids have this lingo down pat.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back