Podium training photos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yes, I see she has it on on floor, though not on bars. Hopefully she can get through this. She is a beautiful gymnast, I would love to see her in Beiijing.

Thanks for sharing those, bogwoppit!I had checked the USAG main webpage, did not see them there, and figured there were no pics yet. But now I see them, after I 'clicked' around a bit more. Everyone looks very focused. It is exciting!

Jana had some tough stuff happen this past week, I hope eveyone pulls for her, and that they appreciate her toughness even more!

However, I also believe that ALL of these athletes, who are vying for their Olympic Dream, are amazing, and I wish every one of them could make it onto the team!

Go USA!!!

Thanks for sharing those, bogwoppit!I had checked the USAG main webpage, did not see them there, and figured there were no pics yet. But now I see them, after I 'clicked' around a bit more. Everyone looks very focused. It is exciting!

Jana had some tough stuff happen this past week, I hope eveyone pulls for her, and that they appreciate her toughness even more!

However, I also believe that ALL of these athletes, who are vying for their Olympic Dream, are amazing, and I wish every one of them could make it onto the team!

Go USA!!!

What happened to Jana, she is a trooper for sure.

I think if their family wants to share it they will, I don't feel it's my place to say. I'm no gym spokesperson!

Suffice it to say, that we all know how ugly the gymnastics community can be :( (unfortunatey), and things often happen at the very worst time! She has my admiration and support, for sure. She may not be a Nastia or an Alicia, but she works very hard helping her parents & brother run their gym, on top of training for the Olympics, so I've really got to hand it to her.

Really, all these women who are in the running are so amazing. I think about how hard my little L6 dd works & how much she does give up b/c of gym, and think, these gals at the Olympic level are like, Superwomen! :)

Any girl who has made it to trials deserves all our respect, they are THE top gymnasts in all of the USA. If we look back and remember how few girls make it to Elite, let alone Olympic Trials, these girls have so much to be proud of.

I think unfortunately for Jana and her Mom, she is not one of the little pixie types or a hot chick like Alicia. But, I believe she has a better chance of making the team than many of the other girls, she always has scored well internationally.

I am assuming that she is healthy and the issues are more political, no surprise there.

I agree w/ you on all of the above! And yes, your assumptions are correct (at least as far as I know, from last week!).

Here's to all the women going for USA!

does anyone else have a problem with Alicia's "attitude". She comes across as being pretty obnoxious.

I am rooting for all gymnasts at this level and appreciate what it has taken to get to this level. That being said, Jana has horrible form and I don't think there is anything political about her scores. She should be deducted for these very obvious errors. Bent knees, feet coming apart, unpointed toes. She is a very consistent gymnast and has some difficult skills. She seems like a very nice girl and I wish her the best.

I just want to clarify that the difficult issue which I was referring to in Jana's life last week was not about her scores, or her Olympic training at all. I am not privy to how she felt about all of what went on at VISA Champs.

I just beleive that when an athlete is trying to train and reach a goal at this high of a level, any focus lost can be a disaster. I admire any athlete who can keep their focus in the midst of personal trials.

Speaking of which, is it true that Shawn Johnson's gym has been flooded out? I really hope not, but if so, I do hope this willl not interfere w/ her training. I would expect there would be gyms nearby who are willing to help her out...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back