Podium Training

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I almost asked a rookie question. What the heck is podium training? But Google saved me. Then I read this nugget and thought I would share (unless everyone already knows this too) :D

Where Did the Name Come From?
Podium training actually got its name when the decision was made to elevate the equipment onto a platform, or podium, about three feet off the ground to help the audience see better. When equipment is on a podium, it also feels slightly different than if it was on a normal floor, even if the apparatus is exactly the same. It can feel less stable. So it became important for gymnasts to test the equipment out on the raised podium before the competition. Podium training is an important safety measure for the athletes.

Ragan looked nervous, Morgan needs work being consistent and managing her power, Jade looked great and Ashton...meh. Didn’t watch much of anything else but I did catch a lot of falls on beam. I miss Simone and Aly

I have never been a huge fan of Ragan's gymnastics, but this should be her year. Hopefully she can shake off those nerves. I also hope Morgan can get it together. Her gymnastics is beautiful to watch when she is on. Jade looked great and I love Ashton's bars (even with the lower difficulty- we all know she's fighting injuries).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back