Parents Poll: What level is your dd (or child)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What level is your child/children

• Total voters
\We have a set of sisters on level 5 and the TOPS team and their bill is about $700/month ouch!

That's me! $703 to be exact! We have another set of sisters (same as my girls Levels 5 & 8) and a set of 2 brothers & 1 sister - the brothers are on the boys team and the sister is preteam. Yikes!

I voted Level 8 but DD is actually training for Level 9.Vault ,floor and beam are comming along very good.Most challanging will be bars.I don't know if I'm ready for her to do Level 9.I also could not afford to have more than 1 kid in gymnastics.

I voted Level 8. DD Did 2 years of Level 7, so maybe it is wishful thinking.

But she is close on her skills.

I have 1 in gymnastics and the other is in competitive dance.... I dont pay $700 per month but I think I am topping out at $500 a month this year.. yikes..

I put my gymmie as in between. She competed L7 this past year and they are practicing all L8(she's starting some L9 stuff) skills. Course, they do spend some of the practice doing drils on the "old" stuff. Like others we won't know for at least 1-2 mos(or longer) which level she'll compete. The coaches feel she should be ready for L8, but if its too much stress, she can do another year as a L7. Hardest thing for her right now is finding a series for beam that she feels confident with.

My DD is L3 training twice a week w/ L3's and once a week w/ L4/L5. I have heard that our gym will not have a L4 team this coming season :eek:. Which leaves my DD, I guess as a repeat L3.:(. She has many of her L4 skills and I think she would be ready by Sept. I am going to talk to the head coach next week after our booster club meeting. I am not sure why she feels DD will not be ready for L4. There are also some L4's who do not have their kip yet, so they would not be ready to do L5 if they don't get it this summer.

That's me! $703 to be exact! We have another set of sisters (same as my girls Levels 5 & 8) and a set of 2 brothers & 1 sister - the brothers are on the boys team and the sister is preteam. Yikes!

I added our gymnastics expenses for the year, and with three girls on team, it comes to more than $12,000! :eek::eek::eek:

I put L8. Dd has been training L8 and one of the coaches confirmed for me the other day that she's definitely a L8 - YAHOO! She still has plenty of time until she actually competes to finish getting her skills. She has some twisting issues that she is working through. She can front twist, but not back twist - hopefully the summer will change that! Everything else is pretty much on target....

I put L8. Dd has been training L8 and one of the coaches confirmed for me the other day that she's definitely a L8 - YAHOO! She still has plenty of time until she actually competes to finish getting her skills. She has some twisting issues that she is working through. She can front twist, but not back twist - hopefully the summer will change that! Everything else is pretty much on target....

I will give you a full twist, if you can give help on Vault...

My DD Has a nice full and a half and is working the double full! Can you help with a fast run on vault before the Tsuk???

If only we could trade skills, all our girls would be at the top of the podium!

I will give you a full twist, if you can give help on Vault...

My DD Has a nice full and a half and is working the double full! Can you help with a fast run on vault before the Tsuk???

If only we could trade skills, all our girls would be at the top of the podium!

That's funny! You don't want my dd's run - she's all but 62#. She needs the power of a 100# girl, but we take what we have and work with it. She is training both the Yurchenko and Tsuk and will probably be doing a Yurchenko, but we will know better in a few more months.

There are a couple of girls whose run I can give you though - I hear you about mixing up the talents of the girls, if we could do that we would have some awesome gymnasts.... probably the next Shawn Johnson! ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back