WAG Popping/Clicking Rib - no pain

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymbeam

Proud Parent
For a couple months my daughter has been mentioning that her rib “pops”. No pain. Any idea what this would be?

Not ribs here but my DD use to have loud popping/clicking noises with her hyper-moble shoulders until she developed more muscle around the shoulder joints.

Does she know how to make it make the sound? I have a click in my neck right now super annoying but I know what to do to make it happen it helps when I go to the chiropractor that i can show him and he can hear it so he can try and help me fix it. IF she knwos the general motion that makes it happen I would go to a PT or someone and show them a) what you do so b) they could hear the sounds. If she cant do it on command keeping paying attention to the motion thats causing it as that may help professionals identify it.

We do have an appointment to be seen for it, but not until Dec 20. So, until then I’m just curious if anyone else had ideas what it may be. The no pain thing is of course a positive, but makes it not align with anything googling turns up. Guess we will wait and see. Of course if it does ever start causing pain I’ll try and get her seen sooner.

Ribs actually pop in and out for some people more often than you might think. Our chiropractor pops them back into place for people all the time. My daughter had it happen once last year, and it was an easy fix for her. I have no idea if that's what's happening with your child or not, but I wanted to throw it out there just in case.

Ribs actually pop in and out for some people more often than you might think. Our chiropractor pops them back into place for people all the time. My daughter had it happen once last year, and it was an easy fix for her. I have no idea if that's what's happening with your child or not, but I wanted to throw it out there just in case.
So weird! Hopefully it’s just as simple as that.

My daughter had "slipping rib syndrome" that sounds like what you described...rib pops, no pain but freaked her out so we saw her surgeon who said it was a benign thing. Check with a medical professional to be sure

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back