WAG Positive, supportive NCAA programs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UGA2016

Proud Parent
I have been reading the posts on both here and the College Gymnastics Board and along with everyone else am appalled at the behaviour and subsequent responses to the alleged coaching practices at PSU. As a mom of a former elite I have been in a club environment similar to this and was ostracised and made out to be vindictive when I reported the abusive behaviours.

My daughter has her heart set on college gymnastics and is currently in the recruiting pool. It would be really nice to focus on the positive aspects of collegiate sport and talk about the programs people have found to be nurturing, supportive, enjoyable and have had a positive impact on young women's lives.

If you either have a daughter who has had/ is having a great experience or know of girls who are happy in their programs give the team and coach a shout out.

UGA2016, I am with you, except I am still sorting things out in my mind. I ask myself What IS a nourishing poster club, not a dream club, but the one that actually exists?
In my DD's experience, everyone is treated differently and that changes, sometimes daily/weekly/monthly, depending on external factors. Also, different people have different thresholds, in their own rights. Great discussion nonetheless, if it doesn't drift into 'in a perfect world...'.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back