Possible level 9 beam flight series??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastralo

Im looking for all possible level 9 flight series for beam...

Thanks for your help! Just looking for options for myself and a fellow teammate. :)

Most level 9s I know do BHS-BHS, but not all. You just need two flight skills; a couple possibilities are front handspring-back handspring or BHS-back layout.

Our daughter did BHS-BLO-BLO in L9 and is using the same series for her main series in L10. She also has a front tuck in her L10 routine but I think that is a D so be careful if you have another D in the routine [such as a BLO to two feet I think which is why I think she couldn't use the front tuck in L9].

One of her teammates last year was playing with RO-BHS but apparently had problems keeping it consistently on the beam and ended up using BHS-BT after awhile.

One of her L10 teammates is doing BT-FT which is a little different---or at least less common at the meets we have been to so far. This is an L10 series but I think could be done at L9 if there wasn't another D skill in the routine.

My DD is doing a FHS BHS for L9. A BHS BHS connection has been a major fear issue for her over the past 4 years. She was given connection for the 1st time on her FHSBHS in a meet on Saturday. We had a big celebration.

BHS BHS
BHS back layout step out
BHS back tuck

FHS FHS
FHS front tuck (definitely a cool one)
FHS front aerial

FHS BHS
FHS back tuck
FHS back layout step out

front aerial BHS
front aerial back tuck
front aerial back layout step out

round off BHS
round of back tuck
round off back aerial

aerial round off

I understand that quit a few of these are strange, but I can honestly say that I've seen/heard of all of these, and I'm fairly sure they all count as a level 9 series.
While you don't need to get "in the air" (ei: front tuck, back tuck, aerials) in level 9 just yet, a lot of gymnasts do them, and find them a useful way to get connection bonus.
Really, all you need in level 9 are two connected flight skills. Most gymnasts will do either a BHS BHS or a BHS back aerial, but it's not uncommon to see girls incorporating front handsprings or round offs into their series.
I can't say that all of these are at the same difficulty (if you can successfully do a FHS front tuck please tell me about it), but all of these should get you your series requirement.

Best of luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back