Parents post 'retirement' update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
as some of you know DD 'retired' from gymnastics @ the end of March after years. just thought I would give my friends an update on life after gym. Although I am still working @ the gym with my preschool & rec classes until the recital in June so while she is gym free I am not :p

She does not regret her decision & seems much happier :D

DD started Tap & Hip Hop classes @ a local dancr studio about 3 weeks ago & LOVES it. Hip Hop is her favorite but she seems to be picking up both pretty quickly. They actually don't have classes for the summer so the week of June 10th is her last week until school goes back. Will be nice to have a break but feels odd as we are used to her training year round.

Last night she started back up her horseback riding lessons that we just didn't have time for anymore. She is thrilled to be back @ the barn.
543082_3070963425029_1591921429_48623909_895814323_n.jpg525794_3070959704936_1591921429_48623906_1197120412_a.jpg

Great update!! It is very reassuring to all gym parents that there is life after gym!! I am glad that your dd is enjoying the dance (it seems like gymnasts have a natural affinity towards dance--I know my dd picked up dance quickly and really loves it as well) and the horseback riding sounds awesome as well. Love the pics!!!

Thanks for the update! It sounds like she is doing really well post-gym. I like hearing these stories because I know that someday, we'll be finding ourselves in the same position.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back