Post Secondary (PSEO) & Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm almost done with my freshman year in highschool, and i'm starting to think about doing Post Secondary (PSEO) my junior and senior years. I'm wondering if anyone else has done this?
I'm definately in the top 1/3 of my class and stuff, so i'm pretty sure i could get in no problem and stuff. I really want to do it anyways, but another thing is that my gym is like 1hr 15 minutes away from my house. If i could live up there and go to college up there, that would be awesome. I'm wondering how scholarships work if you do post secondary, because i'm trying for a gymnastics scholarship. I want to be a nurse practitioner, so i will have 4 years of college to compete gymnastics in.
Just wondering if anybody has any thioughts on this.
Thanks
:)

I really have no idea what post secondary is, I'm guessing it's doing college classes while still in high school? But here are just some of my thoughts and things to watch out for.
In college gymnastics, you have 5 years to complete 4 years of eligibility. The clock starts as soon as you are enrolled in college, even if you are not doing gymnastics. So that is one thing to be careful about.
Also, make sure you meet with an academic advisor. If you plan on doing any NCAA sport in college you need to go through the clearinghouse and meet certain requirements. They really aren't that hard to meet if you are following the normal college prep program at any public or private high school, but I'm not sure if a program like what you are talking about might throw a monkey wrench in the plan.
Sorry I can't be of more help, hopefully someone else knows more than I do! Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back