Potential route for 7 year old

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Aliwali

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Hi all a newbie here. My daughter turned 7 in March and has been in a development group for 9 months. She's just got a straight arm upstart, can round off back handspring, almost there on beam back walkover and can straddle up to handstand and down.

I've not asked her coach yet, but wondered if anyone had any idea as to what route she might take grades wise. It's a small club with no history of national or compulsory grades. The eldest squad girls are 9 and did club grade 6 a couple of years ago but didn't do grades last year. I guess she may not even do grades and just do level competitions.

Thanks for your ideas and yes I will ask her coach soon .

With the skills she already has and turning 8 next year I would hope she would be on a pathway to do compulsory 5 next year. However if your club does not have a history of doing grades that likely will not happen. You kind of need to be involved in them year in year out to do well at them. They require a certain mindset and coaching organisation. Ask your coach sooner rather than later and if she wants to do grades (with those skills already she really should do some sort of grades) look at other clubs in your region. If you PM me your location I can suggest possible clubs which might suit.

How many hours is she currently training and what level is her coach/ head coach.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back