Off Topic Pottermore.com magical quill challenge

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Any other die-hard Harry Potter fans out there who are participating in the Magical Quill challenge? I woke up super early this morning and I was finally able to get in and make an account!

For those who don't know:
The Magical Quill challenge is the promotion pottermore.com has going right now to give people early access to the website. It goes for 7 days, and today was day 4. Each day at a different time a clue goes up on the pottermore homepage. You answer the question, then put the answer at the end of a web address they give you and it takes you to a page where you find the magical quill. If you click on it it takes you back to pottermore and to a registration page where you can create an account. It then sends you an email with a link to activate your account within 48 hours. People who successfully make an account will be getting a second email sometime over the next couple of weeks which will say that you now have access to the site.

Sorry if all that sounds too much like an advertisement! Just wanted to give people info in case they hadn't heard about it yet :] Let me know if you have already done the challenge and have an account or if you are going to try to get in in the next 3 days! Good luck to everyone!

I got in on the 2nd day. I had an alarm set for every 2 hours to check it, and at 4 am it was finally open. I'm so excited it's ridiculous. I got an official "you have been selected for early entry" email today and when I first saw it I thought it was the welcome email and a did a funny sqeaky scream before I read it.

I got my official "you have early entry" email today too!!!!!!! EEEEK!!! I hope i'm in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor!!!

Ooh now I am intrigued, so many gymnasts ending up in Ravenclaw. I wonder what that means. BBB has friends who are in other houses, so it is not as though all the early members are all in the same house.

HP fans, what can this mean????

That is interesting that so many gymnasts are in Ravenclaw.
I personally didn't find the quill until the last day so I haven't gotten an early entrance email yet, but hopefully soon!

I'm also a Ravenclaw. As far as gymnasts many gymnasts being in Ravenclaw, this is some of what it says about Ravenclaw in the welcome message on Pottermore:"Without wishing to boast, this is the house where the cleverest witches and wizards live... Another cool thing about Ravenclaw is that our people are the most individual...We aren’t put off by people who march to a different tune; on the contrary, we value them!... Most of the greatest wizarding inventors and innovators were in our house."

I have found all my gym friends to be clever. Gym gives a whole lot of opportunity for independence at a much earlier age. It takes a passion for gym to stay in the sport, which others might take as marching to a different tune. Maybe gyms are Ravenclaw factories!

Ok well I have done a bit of research on pottermore and realised that gymnasts just are made to be Ravenclaws. Why?

1. According to Ravenclaws welcoming message "Our emblem is the eagle, which soars where others cannot climb" Pretty sure all gymnasts soar to new heights

2."this knocker will ask you a question, and if you can answer it correctly, you are allowed in...you’ll soon enjoy the challenges the door sets" I take this as we are prepared to work hard for reward and self achievement

3."Head of house, Professor Filius Flitwick. People often underestimate him, because he’s really tiny" Not only are gymnasts often underestimated in strength there is (as we all know) a stereotype of gymnasts being short

4. We tend to be very good at school because we have great time management skills and are generally up for challenges

Pretty sure there is no doubt in my mind that gymnasts are born to be Ravenclaws :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back