WAG Pound for Pound the best athletes in the planet could just be gymnasts!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lol this is cool and I think there is another sport science video on gymnastics I think with Vanessa Z I will try to look for it. Its really amazing when you see the break down of physics involved in what our little gymmies do :)

Lol this is cool and I think there is another sport science video on gymnastics I think with Vanessa Z I will try to look for it. Its really amazing when you see the break down of physics involved in what our little gymmies do :)

Are you sure you're not talking about Jessica Lopez, the Venezuelan gymnast who competed for Denver? She was featured in a really cool video about the physics of gymnastics a while back :)

I also thought this morning that gymnasts might possibly be the most "mentally tough" athletes as well. Think about it... In what other sport do you get one "try" at something, where the quality of your performance is subjective, not based on a timed race??

Baseball/softball - 3-4 times at bat per game, 3 strikes each
Soccer, basketball, football/lacrosse/volleyball/hockey - you get many, many plays per game (even soccer goalies will have mutliple chances to block a kick)
Golf - 18 holes, typically 5 shots per hole
Skiiing/swimming/running - often one shot at it, but the quality of your performance is based the objectivity of the clock

The only equivalent in terms of how you compete is skating.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back