Parents Practice before Nationals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymbeam

Proud Parent
Do most gyms take advantage of the practice day before Nationals or not? My daughter just told me our gym doesn't do it so made me curious if they're in the minority or majority.

Ours does. They do for nationals too, but We just got back from westerns and my dd was glad to have time on the equipment and get adjusted to the bars and floor. The bounce can make a big difference for her, I guess.

Ours does, too. The equipment apparently always feels different at each meet, even the beam, I hear! Dd said usually know when they walk into a meet whether or not they like that particular brand of apparatus.

Yep; goal is to get used to the actual equipment. Bars/beams can have different feel depending on their age. There are different kinds of bars with different levels of bend/flex, from what I understand. Floors can have bouncy spots and dead spots.

MAG here...but we are heading to nationals next week. They have open gym on Tues. Practice on the comp equipment on Wed, and then there is a training gym. DS competes Friday so I think coach is holding a short session thursday morning, more to get them used to getting up early in the different time zone. So we will be taking full advantage of the practices ;)

Pretty sure Level 10 is required is be there for practice. Level 9, not required, but Level 10 is pretty much mandatory. I'm sure they make exceptions for emergencies, but I know many Level 10 qualifiers, and they are expected to be there.

Wonder what the consequences are for not being there? Our 4 definitely did not go (and it wasn't emergency).

My daughter will never go to Nationals but if she did she would want to practice on the equipment at the venue. 100 percent sure.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back