MAG Practices

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Are your boys back now? D has been back for about a month. 2 weeks of 2 hours each week, 2 weeks of 9 hours each week. Now, starting next week, back to 20 hours. It has been a haul. They have so many procedures to follow to keep everyone healthy.

HOpe everyone gets back soon!

Not yet. Has workouts he is supposed to do every day, Not on zoom, doesn’t always do it. Still has a busy school schedule until school ends Friday. After that maybe he’ll be more interested

Our gym is planning so apparently getting closer, but no firm date yet. They say it is not legal yet to be open where we are in NorCal.They are going to start with optional groups and short, mostly conditioning practices only for MAG and Acro, I assume for WAG and T&T as well. Since ds is still injured and dd is acro compulsory, my kids will not be in the first wave.

We've been back for about two weeks - went from 2 hrs x 4 days week #1 to 2.5 hrs x 4 day week #2. Back to 3.0 hours x 4 days next week and I think that will max it out for a while. I'm not thinking we'll hit our usual summer hours this year and I'm fine with that. Slow, steady, & safe return is all I hope for. Its going well - skills are coming back - the quarantine growth spurt does not seem to be affecting him as much as the past few!

We also went back approximately a month ago. They started back what their levels normal hours would be so my Lvl 5 son goes 3 hrs/day, 3 days/week. They just started spotting within the last week or so. Prior to that is was all strength and conditioning.

BTW zoom is really getting old..... my son is getting frustrated with it. Its hard when you have 10 boys and coach is trying to watch to make sure they are all doing the right thing.
Oh yeah, ours was horrible. We actually were on a Zoom with a girls team because our coach couldn't do the Zoom thing. After about a month and watching him hate almost every minute of it, I finally said forget it, you don't have to go and we found some YouTube videos that were geared to boys and did those together.

Still waiting. My state says gyms can open Friday (tomorrow) but not all counties are on the state timeline.

Beginning of July for us. This past weekend, my son finally got to visit (socially distanced) with his three best friends on the team for the first time since March. They played together outside for hours, but they also went down to the basement for an hour and worked out. Both my son and daughter expect their hands to be hamburger for the first few weeks, but they are both very eager to get back.

Our gym is planning 6/30 because that's when our area is aiming for starting Phase 4 which is when gyms can open in NY. But there's also new guidance that says gymnastics can start in regions who are phase 3 on July 6th so we will definitely be started by then. And we just got word that the NYS Elite Camps are a go which my 10-year old is over the moon excited about! The first one of those is at the end of July.

We started back this week, but our family is going to personally hold back a bit. Our gym opened a new location, and the boys had 3 practices at the old location and one at the new one. After seeing how practice went, we felt like the protocols were outside of our personal risk level at the old gym. The new one is a bit better. So my son will likely be going just one day a week.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back