WAG Praying for the "forget"fairies....and some good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DND

Proud Parent
We have our Provincial Championships this Sunday and they got to go train at the event yesterday for two hours.

DD had a good bar workout and then went to beam. I could see her looking at the tape job and when she went up I could tell she was not "feeling"it up there. During her first one minute warm up she was doing her RO BLO dismount and her feet completely missed the beam. Somehow she still tried to flip and landed nicely on her head.

I was watching and was like OMG did that really just happen. They left her lying there and I was not sure do I go down, do I wait here...it seemed like an hour, but probably was not really that long. DD has had a string of bad luck with injuries this year and really just wants to have one clean healthy competition. None the less she started to move they checked her neck and foot and she was up getting water.

She went on to do her show routine not very pretty, but stuck.

We have a day to relax and I am hoping she can forget about yesterday and go in tomorrow confident that it will be a good day!

Cross your fingers for us!

Don't they say in theatre that a bad dress rehearsal means a good show? Hopefully that will be the case for your DD. Glad she wasn't hurt. Good luck to her tomorrow!

WOW!!! Good for you for managing to sit in your seat. Hope she has a great competition and all goes at least as well as Gymnix.

Yikes! Glad the fall was just more scary than anything and no harm was done, those kinds of mishaps can really throw you for a loop though (both parent and gymmie!). Here's to hoping she's feeling good today and can get her confidence up for the meet. And MaryA is right, in gymnastics it can be said that a bad warm-up equals a good meet! So hopefully that's the case for your DD! Sending lots of well wishes your way, for both of you!

This happened to a girl at our state meet...THE EXACT SAME FALL ON THE EXACT SAME SKILL! After the medics checked her out she went on to compete-took 2nd on floor and 1st on vault! She is being treated for whiplash, but it shows how truly resilient these girls can be. It was AWFUL to watch but luckily the damage wasn't too serious. Best wishes to your DD:)

Fingers crossed here for you. I HATE that feeling though - the should I run now or sit still and pretend to be calm. Good luck to you both tomorrow.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back