Pre squad Q, please.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Plus4

Proud Parent
My 4 year old Daughter has been asked to join the gym club's pre-squad. We've only been going 7-8 weeks, an hour a week. I have no idea what 'good' is. To me she's my tiny 4 year old swinging on the bars, having fun on the bench, etc etc. I really couldn't say if she 'stands out' because this is all new to us.
Being cynical I assume lots are invited to presquad?
My main concern is that they want her to train all but 4 hours s week. . That seems an awful long time to me?
I'm really not competitive but my daughter does love Gym and if this is an opportunity for her, I guess I could pull her out?
What are your thoughts/experiences please.

Thank you

At our gym we have a boys squad made up of 4-6 year olds who train 6 hrs a week so I don't think it's unusual. My son started development group at 5 and that was an additional 2 hrs on top of his rec class. As long as she enjoys it, it's fun and she can cope then go for it. But it needs to be FUN!!!

Why not give it a try and see how she enjoys it?
My daughter was also 4 when she got picked out of the pre school class for the development squad. She started with 4 hrs a week aswell.
At our gym there isn't large numbers that get invited onto the development squad, which I think is probably the same thing as your pre squad?
My daughters now just turned 6 and has gone up to 9 hrs per week, she absolutely loves it.

Let her try it and see what happens!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back