Pre-Team!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm so excited for my daughter. The gym she's going to is starting up a new pre-team group in April and she gets to be a part of it! It's going to be a Level 1 group of girls and they're all right around 4 1/2 years old. I think there will only be 4-5 girls in the group, at least initially. Since none of the girls are in school yet, the class (1.5 hrs x 2 days a week) will be during the day, which I LOVE!

The gymnastics director is going to be doing the class and told me that she's going to work Level 1, 2 and 3 skills so that they can maybe (and she stressed that it's a BIG *maybe*) start competing Level 3 next fall. I'm not sure how realistic it is, but we'll see. My daughter has been doing gymnastics for just under a year and just got her pullover on a really low bar, and is about 50/50 on her bridge kickover, so I guess maybe it's possible.

In any case, I'm just really excited that she gets to be in this new group and that all the girls are her age. Just wanted to share with you guys! :)

Congratulations! I've watched her videos--it looks like she has some natural strength and flexibility, which is great. Her determination to get the new skills is really what's going to help her progress.

BTW, impressive reading skills for a four-year-old (that's the teacher in me talking :) )!

Awesome! She will be competing before you know it. Now, have you been warned how much that costs? LOL Seriously ... it's so much fun once they start pre-team.

Congrats to your daughter!!! And what a bonus to have her classes during the day! My 4 year old just got her invitation to join preteam last week and her 1st class is tonight (2hrs long!). It will be interesting to see how she handles the longer class...Anyway, good luck to your daughter!

Congratulations! I've watched her videos--it looks like she has some natural strength and flexibility, which is great. Her determination to get the new skills is really what's going to help her progress.

BTW, impressive reading skills for a four-year-old (that's the teacher in me talking :) )!

I'm actually back in school for teaching, so maybe it's the future teacher in me getting her started early. She did pick up on it pretty quick though! :D

Awesome! She will be competing before you know it. Now, have you been warned how much that costs? LOL Seriously ... it's so much fun once they start pre-team.

Yes, I have. :eek: We recently switched her from a big, expensive gym that has girls all the way up to Elite level, to the Y, which we're members of and it is A LOT less expensive. The Y only has up to Level 7 currently but I really, really liked the feel of the gym. I'm not sure we could afford the bigger gym if they increase her hours much more. The cost of her 3 hrs/week at the Y is a fraction of what we'd pay for the same hours at the other gym...

Congrats to your daughter!!! And what a bonus to have her classes during the day! My 4 year old just got her invitation to join preteam last week and her 1st class is tonight (2hrs long!). It will be interesting to see how she handles the longer class...Anyway, good luck to your daughter!

I'd love to hear how your daughter handles the longer class. My daughter has been taking a 1 hour class once a week so I'm hoping that just increasing it by a half hour (though now 2 days a week instead of 1) won't affect her that much. Honestly though I think she'd spend all day in the gym if I'd let her. :D

Congratulations to Anna. My 4 year old dd has watched her videos. She loves watching other gymnasts. I wish I could get my daughter to sit down long enought to teach her to read! My 4 year old is competing level 3 this coming summer and she loves gymnastics too.

Congratulations to Anna!!! That is so exciting! My Rylee started pre-team about 6 months ago when she was 3.5 and the 1.5 hour classes have been GREAT for her! She is very worn out when she is done... but she hangs in there. We go two times/week plus private lessons.

LOVE the videos! Very cute!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back