Press Handstands and wrist pains

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ash.marie

Gymnast
So I could probably make my first thread in the introductions but i've been waiting to ask this for months.

So I've been struggling to get a straddle press ( stadler press whatever you call it) on and off since I was 8 years old...10 years later, I finally made one. I had been practicing out of like a candle stick hold and rolling into it for momentum which really helped. Then I was feeling really good so I tried it from a straddle hold and I made two but I couldn't make any since. That was Thursday I think and it is now Sunday and I haven't made one.

I'm so bad because my wrists hurt, they've always been pretty bad, but I don't want to rest them because I'm scared that I wont be able to do it anymore, but when I go to try it and either my wrists hurt too much or everything it too tired.

I want to know if you have any tips on combating that wrist pain and general tiredness so that I can continue to work on it? ( I know after doing it 3 times, I still have quite a way to go to have the skill solid )

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back