MAG Preventing rug burn on pbar with Moye

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Pwicks

Proud Parent
Hello. There is always at least one thing my DS struggles with, this year (level 6) its moye. Anything to make this easier for him..... Anyone have suggestions on competition acceptable options for the boys to wear on the length of their upper arms to protect them from rug burn on moye. Or like rips is this something they just get used to.

Thanks in advance.

some just wear wrist bands on their biceps. you can get the thick ones or the thin ones. You can see some elites wear them.

My son has not ever worn them, but I see lots of boys who do....

My son did not like the feeling of the things on his arms when he was younger. Right now he really doesn't need them as he does the moy to support. But one day, if he ever starts flipping onto the bar...then we will probably try.

Yeah I don't think my son is crazy about it either. I get the feeling he doesn't like it.

Right now he is struggling so much with moye and its part of the level 6 routine. I wish I could do something to help him but I guess this sport is not for the weak hearted :)

Yeah I don't think my son is crazy about it either. I get the feeling he doesn't like it.

Right now he is struggling so much with moye and its part of the level 6 routine. I wish I could do something to help him but I guess this sport is not for the weak hearted :)

There will always be "that" skill that they struggle with. Once they get one, they will have another skill to struggle with . That is the joy of this sport

He'll get it! It just takes some of them a little longer. It's one of the first really scary skills on pbars for most boys.

My son's coming back from a wrist injury and missed a moy a couple of weeks ago. Got pbar bites on both arms, on one worse than any beam bite my daughter has ever gotten. Not fun!

My oldest son had this bad for a while. Couple suggestions from him: Large (extra wide) wristies or prewrap and tape. He also tried socks with the foot cut off for practice, but that did not work well.
But he never liked wearing anything either. As I recall, one of his coaches watched him really closely and realized there were adjustments in how he was positioning his arms he needed to make. After they started working specifically on that it began to get better.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back