DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
ChalkBucket was originally created to help everyone learn more about gymnastics. Almost 9 years and we are still holding to that concept...but it is time to change with the times a bit.

ChalkBucket has historically had 3 main usergroups...parents...gymnasts...and coaches. In order to get full access to any of these group forums...a member has to join the appropriate usergroup.

While you have to join the usergroup to get full access to that groups forum...everyone can still view all of the content in each forum.

This concept has pros and cons...

PROS
  • The different groups get to see what each other are thinking.
  • New members are attracted to the site by reading content.
CONS
  • Sometimes the groups cannot see the other groups point of view.
  • The ability to share information a bit more privately is limited.
  • Members are allowed to join groups on their own...some lie to get access to all forums.
With the social groups really kicking now...the parents have fully jumped into the concept of smaller groups and a more private place to talk and share info...the coaches have not. This is a huge issue as we are really looking to grow the coaches group. For this reason we will be opening a "private coach forum". This forum will be restricted to verified coaches.

Verified coaches will have to provide extra details about themselves to the admins...
  • Full REAL Name
  • Club Name
  • Club Website & Club Email
  • Verifiable info to prove that you are a coach
This private coach forum will allow the coaches a place to talk about real world experiences in coaching that they cannot discuss in the main forums. This private coaches forum should attract more coaches to the site as well as help coaches around the world connect and learn even more.

As this forum will be private...we are going to ask the coaches to actively participate in helping us build the largest public skill / drill directory for gymnastics on the net. That way...the information that the coaches have...will be made available to all.

Please "like" this thread to support the future growth of ChalkBucket!

Last edited:
Coaches...detailed info on how to join the "private coaches forum" will be provided over the next couple of days. For now...PM me if you are interested.

Verified coaches will receive a "Verified Coach" banner under their name instead of a "Coach" banner. Coaches do not have to ID themselves and take part in the "private coaches forum".

I am currently not coaching ATM but will look into this when I get back to coaching somewhere.

Not that I have any clue where at this point in time.

If you are a former / retired coach with decent experience...feel free to apply.

If you are a preschool coach...a rookie coach...a rec coach...feel free to apply.

The worst we can do is say NO...and really...why would we?

If you are a former / retired coach with decent experience...feel free to apply.

If you are a preschool coach...a rookie coach...a rec coach...feel free to apply.

The worst we can do is say NO...and really...why would we?

When I first started coaching...I coached over 20 preschool classes per week in a gym with no team...I considered myself a coach.

Just because my roll has changed and I don't currently coach preschool...doesn't mean a preschool coach is not a coach...I have coached preschool a majority of my coaching career.

If you started coaching yesterday...apply...we were all rookies once...and we are all still rookies at something.

Cool idea but, I stand by my previous comments that calling my gym about me is weird. So I won't be participating. I assume by now most people who read the public boards have figured out I must have some kind of experience in gymnastics and that'll be good enough for me.

If anyone wants to know MORE about me, I teach preschool, developmental, and compulsories and have no plans for anything more unless I move to a less competitive area and/or meet the right kid(s). I fight moving up every year and stay put where I am. Someone has to do it. I can teach all levels of rec but there's not enough time in the day.

Cool idea but, I stand by my previous comments that calling my gym about me is weird. So I won't be participating. I assume by now most people who read the public boards have figured out I must have some kind of experience in gymnastics and that'll be good enough for me.

Nobody is calling anyone's gyms, at all. In fact many coaches have asked that this not happen. It was never part of our verification system.

The below is from the verification forum...

Please understand that we may contact your club to verify that you are a coach. If you do not want us to contact your club...please put "DO NOT CONTACT CLUB" at the top of your application post. To help the process along...include as much info about yourself as you can.

People call me at the club all the time...I work there.

It's up to you though.

Nobody is calling anyone's gyms, at all. In fact many coaches have asked that this not happen. It was never part of our verification system.

Okay well when I read the steps for verification the other day it was asking for the gyms name and phone number and said "please be aware we can and will call your club to verify" or something. So I kind if laughed thinking of the response you'd get if you called MY gym and moved on.

I feel like people are going to think I'm acting shady but we honestly have no website with all our names on it nor helpful people who are going to want to talk to a website and verify anything . So maybe we're just weird. I 'll email JBS a copy of my USAG card, but maybe the site thinks I could have mugged someone and stole it, I don't know.

He can friend me on Facebook if he wants. I trust the guy. But calling my gym over a message board is weird.

We will not call your gym, email the membership to JBS and put a note with it with your CB username, so he knows it is from you. That is all it takes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back