Off Topic prom clothing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am 17 years old and prom is coming up. Dress shopping, :), but there is a small problem. Like most gymnast I am quite short, have wide shoulders, and muscular legs. I AM proud of my body but when it comes to dresses, it just looks off. So does annyone have tips for me? Like what is better, a v-neck, scoop-neck, ect. I am guessing strapless is not the way to go?

thanks in advance.

When I was in high school and college, I found strapless was the way to go. Nothing had to fit over my shoulders and arms or even my thighs, so the dress fit really well! My favorite dress was a simple, floor length, a-line strapless dress....and I got a ton of compliments!

Oh I am sorry, I meant that it looked off. Most of it fits but it just doesn't look very femine, a gymnast type body. So I guess I'm asking what makes your shoulders look less wide ect.

Oh I am sorry, I meant that it looked off. Most of it fits but it just doesn't look very femine, a gymnast type body. So I guess I'm asking what makes your shoulders look less wide ect.

Honestly, the best thing you can do is embrace how you are built. You are healthy, strong, and fit. You are going to show up to that dance with a body that most girls there would kill for. Some people may comment, but in the end, they are usually just jealous, and therefore become spiteful. I found (and still do, I still have closer to a gymnast's body than your average 30-year-old) that straps only accentuate my shoulders (Hey, look how tiny these straps are compared to my shoulders!) and halters nicely show off what I lack, lol. Get a good pair of heels, a dress that shows off your tiny waist, some glitter, and walk into that prom with your head held high showing off your rockin body. I don't know when the dance is, or if gloves are in now, but a long pair of gloves is another classy way to make an entrance. There will be girls of ALL shapes and sizes there--love who you are and how you were made and project that confidence with every step.

Like others have said, you're a gymnast and you should be proud of it! Don't worry about how feminine non-gymnasts are because you are not one of them. Many guys find us fit athletic girls to be pretty just the way we are, at least according to some of my older guy friends!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back