Parents Protein? Vitamins?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Luna bars explain why he is doing CrossFit...:rolleyes:

I think the case for soy is still out there but until it is I remain skeptical. We do know it has a lot of allergens. My guess is what they used to process soy into protein might be more responsible for any ill effects.

I do know I don't like the taste sooo...yeah. I used to eat quite a bit of CLIF bars.

Infant formulas often use isolates, not sure about hydrosalates. Whey isolate is not cheap compared to concentrate but its a moot issue since they aren't consuming as much as an adult would.

One of my lil guys had GERD so he was pretty scrawny as he wasnt a big eater. He was often hungry though so milk was his go to with his thermos he brang from home and my stash in the fridge he would top off with.

He is still slender but he did start gaining size a bit. His little brother has always nearly been his height though.

One point, milk actually agitate GERD though.

Some kids just dont like meat. No biggie really but kind of a pain.

On another note, please tell me how the liver aids in digestion...?

Some kids just dont like meat. No biggie really but kind of a pain.

On another note, please tell me how the liver aids in digestion...?

Give me a day and I'll look up specifics. I don't have it memorized but I once did a paper on it. :)

Liver excretes bile though to aid in fat absorption. Bile helps digest fats - that's why we feel fuller longer when we consume fats - because the food actually sits in our digestive system longer. The liver also works as a filter for our blood (with our kidneys), and it plays a role in breaking down many chemicals/molecules within our bodies (many which are eaten). I remember one point was that it may be dangerous to consume high amounts of protein without the "proportionate" amount of fats, but I don't remember specifically why and I'd hate to guess and be wrong. :)

Luna bars explain why he is doing CrossFit...:rolleyes:

Hahahaha. This makes my day. You have NO idea. ;)

I actually mostly agree with you about soy. I personally have an allergy to soy, so perhaps I'm a bit biased in my judgement. My hesitation is mostly the link to estrogens and the risk of cancer. I figure my DD is already exposed to so much soy in her diet (and with my allergy to it, I have a heightened awareness of it because I can't eat it), that it's probably best to avoid it as a primary source of protein. Again - probably.

And she hates the taste of most bars, but we found a couple that are moderate in their protein amounts (like 10g as opposed to 20+) that she likes.

And yes, I've never limited DD's milk intake as she is such a picky eater - we often took insulated cups on the go. I can't tell you how many we found under a car seat - eewww! But I still argue that milk calories are far better than juice/candy calories. As long as milk is well tolerated!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back