MAG Proud Mom Brag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

jenjean70

Proud Parent
So my son struggled with fear issues last year and repeated level 7 for a 3rd year. Since last year he has been much more confident and willing to "go for" scary skills. Well last week he went back into "scared" boy mode and got in trouble for not going for a skill and ended up having to condition the entire practice. I was not happy with him and I reminded him to talk to his coaches about his fears and what he needs and then talked about what he could do for himself to help him through the fear. The next day he went for his skill right away and then on Monday he landed on his head doing a full twisting double back onto an 8 incher in the pit......That is something that would have TERRIFIED him into freeze mode in the past but he WENT FOR IT! I told him I was SO PROUD of him and his coaches were proud of him too (even if he did land on his head). Luckily he wasn't hurt and he went back to gym and tried the same skill on rings onto an 8 incher in the pit. I'm praying for more steps forward than back this season. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back