Parents Proud mom - First meet with 4 hit routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3gymgirls

Coach
Proud Parent
I am incredibly proud of my 9 year old L2 daughter. This weekend she had her first meet where she hit all of her skills in her routines with no falls or major errors. She finally showed her coaches that she can do everything in a meet that she can do in a practice which is huge as we are nearing the time when they decide what level they will train for the summer and likely compete next season.

My daughter is repeating Amerikids level 2. I have no visions of her making elite or NCAA gymnastics. She might not even make optionals! She struggles with flexibility but gains strength easily. She also takes a long time to feel truly confident and competition ready with a skill. But she loves gymnastics, and even enjoys competing. She adores her teammates and feels safe in her gym even if there are times I wish the coaches would push her a little harder and believe in her just a bit more. She has learned some great skills this year, and she has learned a lot about dealing with her own self-doubt.

With only one meet (states!) left in her 3rd competition season, it is great to know that she has finally demonstrated to herself (most importantly) and her coaches that she can deliver in a competition setting. Yesterday was also the first time that she has watched for her scores, and because she started on one of her best events, that fueled the confidence to continue doing well in her meet.

We are now incredibly excited for state gymnastics. I hope that she can continue this path of success with some new-found confidence and learn to recover from future disappointments.

That is always so exciting. Congrats to her and good luck at state!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back