Provincial meet report!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
I'm so excited! I just got back from my first Provincials and I qualified for Atlantics! The top 6 go. I am absolutely ecstatic. It is a little bittersweet because my sister who is in the same level didn't qualify.

Can't put placements/scores because it would be easy to find out who I am if I did, but I basically had one of my best meets ever.

Bars went well, didn't quite get my cast to 45 but the rest was very nice. Didn't get full start value because I didn't want to compete my flyaway (it's very new) and lost the cast. Still a good routine though.

Beam was my best routine ever, I competed my BWO-BT for the first time and stuck it. Wobbled on the 1 1/2 but stayed on. I was last and everyone else's rotation was done (last event). Everybody was watching me so it was tiny bit nerve wracking! Got full start value.

Vault wasn't the best but the second on wasn't too bad, ran off the mat for the first one and had a tiny hop on the second. A bit disappointing but they'll improve at Atlantics! Got full start value.

Floor was great. RO-BHS-BT was stuck though I took a few little steps in the FHS-FT. Got full start value.

Couple mistakes that I just have to polish up and I will be all ready for Atlantics!

Great job Chalked!! I am confused though, what is the difference between Atlantics and Easterns? I thought Easterns included all the Atlantic provinces?

that's awesome you such a good meet, especially beam. It's such a tough event, but to have everybody watching you and you nail it, that must have felt great. I'm sure you'll be at your best in Atlantics!

Canadiangymmom- Atlantics is basically the same as Easterns, except only the Atlantic provinces go. Atlantic provinces go to Easterns and Atlantics. Thanks! I was pretty pumped!

jsfofec- Thanks very much! It felt pretty awesome, I was sure that I was going to fall apart.

Sorry to bug you but I'm one member who is always full of questions, lol...so if you go to Atlantics, you also go to Easterns, or they are like another qualifier to easterns or...something totally different?

I'm in Ontario but I think it's cool that us few Canadian members get to know more about how it all works up here. Sounds like next year things are really changing to make it all similar cross country though...

In level three, the top four go to Easterns and the bottom six in the top ten go to Atlantics. You qualify for this comp. at Provincials. In level two the top six at Provincials go to Atlantics but not Easterns. So next year when I go level three we're hoping I qualify to Easterns!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back