Parents PT question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ilovebagels

Proud Parent
Hello again wise parents. We are going to a physical therapist following an injury. I’ve heard a few comments about PTs being great at uncovering and helping with weaknesses or tight areas and I’m wondering, since we are going, how those are discovered. Could I ask the pt for an overall evaluation? Or are these areas usually obvious or pointed out by the coaches and you go specifically for that reason? Finally in a place where we can go to regular PT and would love to see if it can help. Thank you!

In my experience (from all the times my DD has been in PT) a lot of times, the main areas of weakness and tightness will be easy to spot because of the injury or any pain that’s recurring. If there’s an area that is weak or tight, most of the time the athlete is probably already aware of it, so just make sure they talk to the person doing the initial assessment. However, during PT they’re only able to work on issues having to do with the original injury without a separate doctor’s order (however if the tight/weak area has to do with the injury, they will be able to help there. Ex: my DD has severs and OSD. When we go to PT they end up working on her entire leg, not just her heel and knee because it’s weakness and tightness extending from her hip to her heel causing the issues)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back