Off Topic PURE EVIL disguised as a meal.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I sincerely hope NO CB member comsumes any of this garbage! In fact, I think it needs to be a rule.

Especially:
The Worst Food of 2009
Baskin Robbins Large Chocolate Oreo Shake
2,600 calories
135 g fat (59 g saturated fat, 2.5 g trans fats)
263 g sugars
1,700 mg sodium

Why not eat a pound of salted butter!! It'd actually better for you then this is!

20 Worst Foods of 2009

The 20 Unhealthiest Drinks in America

The Worst Appetizers in America

The Worst “Healthyâ€￾ Snacks

Worst Dessert
Romano’s Macaroni Grill Dessert Ravioli
1,630 calories
74 g fat
33 g saturated fat
1,150 mg sodium
223 g carbohydrates

Would you eat a Quarter Pounder for dessert? How about four?

Last edited:
I usually don't eat that unhealthily, but after open gym the other day we went to chick fil lay and I got a cookies and cream milkshake. About 800 calories and I forgot how much fat but like a whole days worth.

I sincerely hope NO CB member comsumes any of this garbage! In fact, I think it needs to be a rule.

Especially:
The Worst Food of 2009
Baskin Robbins Large Chocolate Oreo Shake
2,600 calories
135 g fat (59 g saturated fat, 2.5 g trans fats)
263 g sugars
1,700 mg sodium

Why not eat a pound of salted butter!! It'd actually better for you then this is!

LOL! I haven't had one of those in a while, but I served them all the time when I worked at B-R. They are really really good though! But alas, as a gymnast and track runner, my coaches would flip (and I don't mean back tucks or any of those kind of flips!!) if I ate crap like that now.

Can we add deep fried Mars Bars to that list? Delicacy of my area ;).

Can I also just say, the Oreo milkshakey thing sounds absolutely great. We only started getting Oreos in the UK like last summer, I love them!

LOL! I haven't had one of those in a while, but I served them all the time when I worked at B-R. They are really really good though! But alas, as a gymnast and track runner, my coaches would flip (and I don't mean back tucks or any of those kind of flips!!) if I ate crap like that now.

My coaches for both teams (gymnastics and cross country/track) don't really care what we eat. My gymnastics coaches only care if we're eating something during practice which nobody does anyway. At big travel meets we have team dinners at restuarants and we all order really bad stuff and the coaches don't care.

For Cross Country its even worse. One girl's parents brought soft pretzels to every meet so as soon as we ran we ate a pretzel after. And there were a lot of meets on peoples birthdays so we all brought in cake, brownies rice krispies, everything.

I hear what your saying GymGym. We have new gym moms that bring donuts to Saturday AM practice along and a big ol 64 oz cup of "diet" soda. (ugg! )

Indulging every once in a while is fine. I love it. But what is being suggested is that you just choose the best tasting meal with the least amount of garbage. Too often, we Americans (mostly) do the first part, and completely ignore the 2nd.

You're allowed to pass on known bad-food when offered. And you don't have to do as the Jones do. If they order a American Super Slam platter with Extra butter (lard) when at a diner, that doesn't mean it's OK to eat. It ONLY means they don't care if it is - or not. Whereas YOU should care. Eating TOXINS is never a good thing for anyone, but especially an athlete. -- Even if you think they taste good!

BTW.. Those big soft buttery pretzels are actually pretty good energy food! Eat up!

Cynical... that Hungry-man link is hilarious!

yucky.gif

Last edited:
Yeah...I'm off season right now, but I have my coach as a personal trainer right now, so eating crap would not be good. My pv coach is always really concerned about us eating enough, and of the right food. Best day ever was when this one girl who was injured brought mcdonalds to practice!!! (she usually watched us). Our coach pretty much blew a gasket!

Can we add deep fried Mars Bars to that list? Delicacy of my area ;).

Makes me think of the State Fair...I can't wait. Deep fried everything.

Attachments

• fried-snickers.jpg
    fried-snickers.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 18
'deep fried' put before the name of anything I want to eat makes me sick since a bad state fair incident when I was 9 or so. This was before all the oreo, ice cream, candy bar goodness. I'm terrified to try one because I'm pretty sure I'll end up loving them. The consequences if I don't though would be dire for anyone near me should I dare to try! So I remain a chicken, and label it healthy if anyone asks :eek:

Butter isn't bad for you, margarine is ( basically plant oil, mmmm-blech ). Vitamin water is highly over-rated but it seems no one wants to drink just plain water and it needs to be filled with sweetners and what not to be satisfying.

Gimme some cold water and some lemon or lime juice and I'm GTG.

btw, people who call margarine, " butter " and put it on toast and expect others to think it's palatable should be caned with a stick in the street like in Asia. Even the margarine spreads with cream are just as yucky.

and lard isn't actualy as bad as other stuff if you look at it on a table of different fats and oils used for cooking. low fat isn't necessarily good.

Most food in resturants is actually two or three servings, someimtes more than that. They tell the calories of what is served to you because most people eat it all at once. If you split it up into multiple meals, it's not so bad.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm fish and chips-my favourite meal ever :) i can only have them like once a term now when i go home from uni as they have to be from my favourite chip shop! ooh and chips and gravy, or mushy peas (i is rather hungry now!)

I'm very old fashioned when it comes to dieting. I eat only what I need when I'm hungry and burn it off. I never overeat but I eat whatever I want. I don't believe certain foods actually make you fat while others actually slim you down. All calories are the same thing and your body won't categorize them. I think burning them off is they key. I mean, the pioneers used to eat butter and fried stuff all the time and Americans weren't fat then. They're fat now because they don't move as much. I think gymnastics training burns just as much calories as a pinoeers' daily chores, don't you think?

lol... Yes, I used to think this way too. Then I got older, and larger.

Not all foods or ingredients react the same when inside the body. Some digest and absorb the beneficial minerals and nutrients, regardless of their calorie count, while others do nothing. "Nothing" isnt so bad. (Steamed rice for example). It's the ones that are worse then nothing that we need to watch out for. These are the ones that negatively effect the good. Foods encrusted in sugar or contain Trans-fats for example. You certainly don't want to consume all your daily calories with that garbage.

But i agree, you don't need to calorie count if your basically healthy. You do however can't fill your body with garbage calories, or empty calories, and we shouldn't always need to "eat until we are full".

In our family, we basically, stay way from foods that contain the following four words if they listed in the first five ingredients on the package.

- Enriched
- Sugar
- Hydrogenated
- High Fructose.

Oh yes... look at the ingredients on a package of pasta sometime. Do you recognise ANY of them? Flour and Eggs right? Look again.

BTW, the early pioneers also lived to the ripe old age of 50 then too, and they all did hard manual labor on a daily basis (all day) just to survive. Gym is great, no doubt, but I don't think it compares to tilling or harvesting a 100 acre field - by hand, or chopping wood, or sawing logs into boards, again, by hand. I defy ANY gymnast to try that and not be completely whipped after an hour or so.

Last edited:
For me, a big part of the fun of watching what I eat (aside from the obvious benefits) is being able to indulge now and then. That milkshake sounds delicious! I think there's a baskin robbins near my house...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back