Parents Pushy crazy parents of famous gymnasts is there any??!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmummy

Proud Parent
With the trials coming up I can't imagine what the parents of these athletes muct be going through. Every sport has it's famous crazy pushy parents who are the gymnastics ones past or present. Aly Raisman's parents were highlighted in London for their hilarious reactions to her bars routine but they don't strike me as crazy.
I follow figure skating also & Tara Lipinski & Tonya Hardings were well known. I have been out of the gym loop for quite a while but have started to regain my love(obsession!!) since dd started!

Honestly, that footage of Aly's parents did come off as pretty crazy to me - I thought it was quite odd and not really funny like the announcers made it out to be. I wonder about them - epsecially the dad.

Honestly, that footage of Aly's parents did come off as pretty crazy to me - I thought it was quite odd and not really funny like the announcers made it out to be. I wonder about them - epsecially the dad.
this one? whats so crazy about it?

Aly's parents seem completely invested in their daughter not crazy. Folks should walk a mile in other folks shoes before passing judgment on them.

I think I make many of these same faces watching my daughter... Lol... This stuff is extremely nerve wracking for me to watch! It's not about seeing my daughter win, it's seeing her stick her routines that's she's been working SO hard on... Smh... If this is bad, I'm totally guilty. Lol

I know that we're talking about crazy gym parents, but I wanted to give a shout out to Maggie's parents for being the most normal parents ever. My dd and I met them at JO Nationals right before Maggie went elite and they were genuinely the nicest, most down to earth people. They seemed to have such a great attitude towards her gymnastics career. From what I've seen of Maggie, she seems the same way!

this one? whats so crazy about it?

Yeah, that one, and there's another one where the dad is going more crazy. I don't know - those videos just creep me out like it's an extreme look at parents completely living through their child as though they are doing the routine - kind of like when they show the faces of the moms on dance moms or the pageant moms on T&T when their kid is on stage.

I'm sure I look nervous when my daughter goes, but I can sit in my seat and I'm not writhing all over the place w/ no regard that there are other people around me. Just uncomfortable to watch IMO.

Yeah, when I watch my dd do bars I always catch myself moving through it with her. I always laugh when I catch myself doing it. Too funny. Doesn't make me crazy.

And, I don't think we can even for a second presume we know how nerve racking it is to watch your kid in the olympics unless we have actually done it. I can't even imagine how intense that is.

I feel like I am going to throw up every meet. Just can't imagine...

Aly's parents seem completely invested in their daughter not crazy. Folks should walk a mile in other folks shoes before passing judgment on them.
I agree....I thought they were hilarious and sweet. They were clearly very stressed, not acting "crazy". Aly was a huge underdog pre-2012. Jordyn and Gabby were the press "It Girls" for most of the lead up to the London games, so to have her come out of it the way she did was pretty amazing.

I think they are pretty funny too. Love Aly so much, not so much a fan of her gymnastics, I prefer the old Russian balletic style but Aly is an amazing sportswoman & huge asset to the team. What was wrong with Vanessa Alters mom?

Nah! Dh and I were dying laughing! I found it hilarious and soooo reality. Have you ever sat and watched your kid try to make her dang shoot though in level 3?! I kept kicking my leg every time she tried. It's like a reflex. I was cracking myself up at literally not being able to stop myself. [emoji12]

Wasn't there some big bru-haha (love that word!) with Dominique Mocieanu's parents?

Yeah - she sued them to be emancipated from them as her guardians at like 16 or 17. Couldn't even wait a year or two till she was 18. I think the root of it all was related to her coaching decisions (like they fired a coach she really liked), maybe a little bit to do with money too, but mostly life decision stuff. I think she won her case.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back