Qualifying score for Level 6New York State Championshops

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Muddlethru

Proud Parent
We have one Level 6 teammate whose highest AA score is 32.925. The New York Gymnastics website, newyorkstategymnastics.com, on two separate links, one under "Qualifying Scores" indicates it is 33.50 and the other under "Level 6 Program" indicates it is 31.50. Both links are listed below for your convenience. Our coaches are also at a loss. Last year, the same girl did not know she was going to states until 2 days before the state championship. Does anyone know what the official score is? We would greatly appreciate some clarity.

Qual. Scores

Level 6 Program

looks pretty clear to me. go ask your coach!

State
Championships

• The qualification
    score
    to enter either the Early or Late Season USAG NYS Level 6 State
    Championship from the sectional or State Qualifying Invitational is
    31.50 All Around
  • The score must be
    attained once in a USAG sanctioned sectional competition or from a NYS
    recognized State Qualifying Invitational.
  • Automatic
    Qualification:
    Any gymnast who competes in any of the recognized New York
    State Qualifying Invitational and attains the State Championship Qualification
    Score automatically qualifies to the State Championship without competing
    on the local level.
  • Competition Seasons:
    There are two separate seasons for USAG NYS Level 6 gymnasts. The
    early season that runs from October to the January State Championship and
    the late season that runs from February to the second Level 6 State
    Championship April/May.

I have a friend whos daughter has the same problem. I think when he lowered 6 and 7 he posted the wrong score for 6 and it was copied somewhere else. I would ask your coach to call or email the chair and ask him for clarification. Dunno this is the problem.
Qualification Scores From Local toSectional to States to Regional
Level 630.0032.00noneLate Level 631.5033.50none

Last edited:
it looks to me that there are 2 different qualifying scores for 2 state meets. early and late. this is not unusual. still, you need to check with your coach or with the state level chair for that clarification. and i suppose you should do it quickly.

momocay, i can see what you are talking about.:)

this part looks right:

Level

none

Late
Level 6

none

this part doesn't:

The Level 6 (Late Season) & 7 State Championship
Qualifying Score for 2011 is 33.25

I thought the same thing until

another parent showed us this "qualifying scores" (the first link on my initial post) link which is on the same page as the ones you all quoted:

USA Gymnastics -New York State
Qualification Scores & Entry Fees

Table Of Contents NYS Qualification Scores. Automatic Qualifications State Entry Fees Local & Sectional Entry Fees r.
Qualification Scores From Local to Sectional to States to Regional Level 10 31.00 32.00
Level 9 31.00 32.00 34.00 Level 8 30.00 32.00 by ranking Level 7 31.50 33.50 none Level 6 30.00 32.00 none Late Level 6 31.50 33.50 none Level 5 Early 30.00 32.00 none Level 5 Late 31.50 33.50 none Team Cup Level 4 28.00AA efficiency score at a sectional to enter Team Cup The Level 6 (Late Season) & 7 State Championship Qualifying Score for 2011 is 33.25

There now appears to be 3 qualifying scores. Is it 31.50, 33.25 or 33.50?

We did ask the coach and the coach indeed asked someone, can't remember who they said they asked, and the response was whatever is on the website. Our coaches indicated they'll consider the lower score since that was what they were told, to check the website. She is not my DD but I just was also curious and since no one at our gym was making an attempt to get an answer, I thought I give chalkbucket a shout. Her parents do not know what to do. So, they'll just wait around again.

the 1st score is the score you must score in a "local" meet to qualify to "sectionals". the 2nd score is the score you must score at the "sectional" meet to qualify for the state meet.

it appears that there are 2 different qualifying scores for 2 different state meets held at 2 different times of the year. this is not uncommon.

the contradictory number is that "33.25" in the same line as Level 7 in red print. THAT needs to be clarified.

Did your gym compete at the sectional meet yet? Because it looks like that's where they need to get the state qualifying score and I'm sure something would be announced there, or at the very least someone would be around who would know the answer.
My only guess would be that they lowered the Level 6 qualifying score to 33.25 for this season only and it was a recent change, explaining why it's in bold red.
Qualifying scores aside, the NY USAG website is incredibly frustrating to navigate.

Did your gym compete at the sectional meet yet? Because it looks like that's where they need to get the state qualifying score and I'm sure something would be announced there, or at the very least someone would be around who would know the answer.
My only guess would be that they lowered the Level 6 qualifying score to 33.25 for this season only and it was a recent change, explaining why it's in bold red.
Qualifying scores aside, the NY USAG website is incredibly frustrating to navigate.

Our Level 6 sectional is in about 3 weeks. Unfortunately, I don't think our gym is planning to compete at the sectional since our HCs don't like the gym it is being held at. I'll just let this one go. I tried to get resolution and you all have been helpful.

BTW, they did lower the qualifying score of Level 6 and Level 7 by .25 for this year, or at least it is in the face page of New York State Gymnastics website and is actually in bold red letters. Unfortunately, they did not indicate the actual score merely that is is lower by.25. Nonetheless, even if they did, there would still contradictions and/or confusion as to which score is official since all the different scores are listed in the same webpage.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back