WAG Qualifying to Nationals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hmmm, I might be mistaken, but when I look at level 10, I don’t see any group under 10 girls and most are closer to 15. Where are you getting an average of 9 girls from?

Region 4 has 155 level 10's registered, so that would be an average of 12(almost 13) and change per age group.

Here some more numbers of size ranges of age groups I found in case you are interested. I like numbers.
R8 - 15 to 35*
R7 - 15 to 32
R6 - 9 to 23
R5 - 18 to 34
R4 - 9 to 17
R3 - can't find this year breakdown but usually similar to R1 & R5
R2 - can't find this year breakdown but usually around 2 to 9
R1 - 14 to 31
*R8 has a qualifying score to Regionals of 35 instead of 34 like all others, or they would have about 35 more level 10's, bringing their age groups an average of 3 bigger each

Well, I got my info from clicking on the link that you attached in your first post. If you click on your link, it will show you the actual numbers for each group.
I didn't post a link :) But i believe you! And really don't care all that much as i don't have a level 10 anyway! ha ha! just a level 9!

Well some would say that it being easier is unfair
why would it being "easier" be unfair? when they get to nationals they all compete in the same session with the same judges. It's an age old argument...Let's redraw regional lines so that X state or region has a better chance. What people forget is that in the states in Region IV, there is often only ONE option within a reasonable commute and in other regions, people can switch, they have options that most of us DO NOT have.

R5 is 19-34 kids. Some of my daughters teammates are in the group with 34. She is in a group of 20. Unfortunately it’s the way the groups are made and we just have to deal with what we are given. Sure it’s easier to qualify in a group of 9 vs 34 but we know how this works and we stil play the game ‍♀️

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back