Parents Queen of the Beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
DD was VERY excited after gymnastics tonight as she is this weeks "Queen of the Beam" Tiara included !!!:D

Each Wednesday they have a contest on the beam. Usually for the upper level girls it is simply a handstand contest, winner gets the Tiara and tile for a week. This week for the L3's the just did a whole bunch of skills: handstand, split jump, straight jump, tuck jump etc. It came down to DD & another gymmie who both stuck their tuck jumps so they had to do them again and if they both stuck it whoever jumped the highest would be the winner.

I think it's a fun thing to do for the girls - they don't realize they are practicing the skills at all.:p

LOL, what a cute idea! CONGRATS to your daughter...did she go to sleep with her crown on?

My DD also loves the contests. They had a beam contest last week. L4's into two teams and they had to hold handstands longest..my DD's team won. Last night she held a handstand for 10 seconds and screamed all the way out of the gym she was so happy. It's amazing what they get excited for.

Queen of the Beam - very cute, I like that! Great idea.

We have a "Hope Bell" in our gym - whenever someone gets a new skill, they get to ring the bell, and then everyone in the gym stops to watch them perform their newest skill, and then claps and cheers! Very motivating for the littler ones.

Lisa :)

DD was VERY excited after gymnastics tonight as she is this weeks "Queen of the Beam" Tiara included !!!:D

Each Wednesday they have a contest on the beam. Usually for the upper level girls it is simply a handstand contest, winner gets the Tiara and tile for a week. This week for the L3's the just did a whole bunch of skills: handstand, split jump, straight jump, tuck jump etc. It came down to DD & another gymmie who both stuck their tuck jumps so they had to do them again and if they both stuck it whoever jumped the highest would be the winner.

I think it's a fun thing to do for the girls - they don't realize they are practicing the skills at all.:p

What a fun exciting award to WIN! :D

Congrats to your little Queen. That's so fun!

Our gym does the prize box. When a girl gets a new skill, she performs it for the head coach/owner and then gets to pick out a prize (mostly hair scrunchies or a piece of candy). DD loves this so much she's gotten two scrunchies and a piece of candy just in the last week. :D

Oh how fun! The only thing I have seen the gym do so far, is that when a gymnast gets a new skill (I think usually a big skill) they get to hit this big gong and then the whole gym stops and watches them do it and claps for them. My DD actually got to do this when she was in her devo class for her back walkover. She was soo excited. She also loves when she hears the gong for someone else.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back