Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Question about a bizarre skill...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Puma

Staff member
Proud Parent
Sep 23, 2014
Syracuse, NY
Country
USA
Ok, don't laugh. But is a press HEADstand on beam allowed at any level?! Not that I know a young gymnast who can do this and is infatuated with competing it or anything....sigh.... (And yes, if I did know such a child I would encourage them to work on press HANDstands instead.) Just curious....

Reactions: sce

sfts

Coach
Coach
Former Gymnast
Judge
Sep 29, 2013
Country
USA
In JO, that is a mount - 1.108 chest stand or headstand. In FIG, only a chest stand is listed (same code number 1.108). Perhaps such a young gymnast could convert to a chest stand and then work on turning as in a Silivas mount (
).

Reactions: Mrs. Puma and sce

Mrs. Puma

Staff member
Proud Parent
Sep 23, 2014
Syracuse, NY
Country
USA
In Xcel or optionals, you can do whatever you want. It won't count as a skill if its not in the CoP, it would just be extra coolness.
Good to know. Sounds like a lot of risk with no benefit to me, but I guess that will be up to her coaches! Thanks!

Mrs. Puma

Staff member
Proud Parent
Sep 23, 2014
Syracuse, NY
Country
USA
In JO, that is a mount - 1.108 chest stand or headstand. In FIG, only a chest stand is listed (same code number 1.108). Perhaps such a young gymnast could convert to a chest stand and then work on turning as in a Silivas mount (
).
Thanks! She wants to do it directly after a mount. Ill let the coaches deal with it... Lol Its a moot point for now anyway (she'll hopefully be doing L5 this season). I just couldn't find it in the COP at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.