Parents Question about a possible minor injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NY Dad

Proud Parent
Hi,

My 7 year old had been in rec but has 2 weeks break between the end of rec (at one gym) to her new level 2 team at a new gym. She has been working at home on stretching and strength exercises (I cheer her on and give some direction when she asks). A few days ago she started complaining about one of her quads bothering her. At first I thought it might be fatigue until she pointed out to me that it only hurts in one specific area and only one of her legs. In my very unknowledgeable opinion I think it's her quad. I'm pointing to the area that bothers her in the picture. Does anyone have any ideas what it might be? Today after some light conditioning she complained about the pain after doing a few L lifts. We stopped as soon as I realized that this is probably more than just fatique.
Sept 2016 Injury size.jpg

Thanks,

NY Dad

No one can diagnose over the internet- and a friendly warning Bog may shut this thread down as medical advice on here is at best misguided and at worst dangerous.

What I will say is cut out all the gymnastics stuff at home until she is pain free. Then go back to the coach, and ask a) what she should do at home, and b) how to do it correctly.

I know you're both very keen and new, but your dd isn't going to last long in the sport if she starts injuring herself at home simply through lack of knowledge on correct form etc. If she's 7, and has injured from working at home in a gym break, then you're doing something wrong.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back