MAG Question About Men's Level 7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Could anyone give me a quick breakdown for the requirements/bonus for Men's Level 7 Floor and High Bar?

I have a family friend who is a male gymnast and is trying to go from Level 6-7. He needs help on high bar and floor, and as a girl's coach but as a former male gymnast I can help him, I just need to know the requirements/bonus. His coach is pretty crappy and I'm encouraging him to switch gyms. The gym I coach in only focuses on our girl's team so he has a while to look for a new gym.

For 7 as far as Tumbling goes I think he can open with a layout or a layout 1/1 for bonus(?) FHS (stepout) FHS-Tuck or FHS-Bounder-Tuck for bonus and Ro-Whip-FF-Tuck(Bonus?) In any case, any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

FLOOR:
The layout 1/1 is optional, but is not a bonus.
Bonuses are
1) handspring-bounder-front salto instead of handspringstepout-handspring-front salto in the second pass
2) adding a whip to the final pass (ie RO-whip-BHS-back salto).

HIGH BAR:
Bonuses are
1) Endo
2) Free hip, stalder, or piked toe-on before the dismount (with one or two additional giants allowed before the dismount)

Thank you!

Sorry to be a pain, but on bars. Could he do:

Stem-Uprise-Underswing-Kip-Change Grip- Cast-Front Giant-Front Giant Half-back Giant-Back Giant (blind change is it?)-Free Hip-Flyaway?

He's still is a little out of control doing flyaways from giants so if the free hip is bonus that could help.

Thanks again I really appreciate the help.

I believe the flyaway has to come from a giant, so if he does the free hip, it has to go to handstand, and he has to have at least one giant after it before he dismounts.

Walkaway, try to get a copy of the routines for L7. The simple way is to get the judge's notes off NGJA.org. It's not completely thorough but pretty much says what you can and cannot do.

In level 7 they actually can do baby giant undershoot flyaway instead of the giant flyaway if I'm not mistaken.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back