Question about scoring and ranks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DND

Proud Parent
I was following some gymnasts in the National Novice category at Gymnix and noticed for some athletes on their first event score would be lest say 12.7 but under all around with was noted at 14.2. Then I was looking at the ranks and they have gymnasts listed with a higher rank on a event i.e. vault than others with an higher score.

I added up the total score for another gymnast based on scores and events listed and they did not add up to what is showing as all around score.

Am I missing something?

http://www.meetscoresonline.com/Reports.Meet.aspx?mt=15732&sess=15B&lvl=NN&div=Nat Novice&tax=1

I was following some gymnasts in the National Novice category at Gymnix and noticed for some athletes on their first event score would be lest say 12.7 but under all around with was noted at 14.2. Then I was looking at the ranks and they have gymnasts listed with a higher rank on a event i.e. vault than others with an higher score.

I added up the total score for another gymnast based on scores and events listed and they did not add up to what is showing as all around score.

Am I missing something?

http://www.meetscoresonline.com/Reports.Meet.aspx?mt=15732&sess=15B&lvl=NN&div=Nat Novice&tax=1

Can you give us a specific example? I actually watched that flight, as two of our girls competed and did quite well.

Can you give us a specific example? I actually watched that flight, as two of our girls competed and did quite well.

On the above link it was showing the vaults between 3rd and 6th where higher score ranked lower and when I was following it live there was a score from 15.a where it was 12.7 but showed as all around of 14.2.

I think it has to do with the meetmyscores being incorrect.

I see one of those errors. I'm thinking it could be they put the wrong vault score up. They seemed to flash the score of the first vault, and if the second vault scored higher, they flashed a new score. Took us a while to figure out. I'm thinking they put the wrong vault score down on this list perhaps????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back