Question about the Aspire Program

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2Chickadee

Proud Parent
Just doing a bit of reading on the Aspire Program and was wondering if there was a level equivalent regarding the skills (i.e. level 5 or 6)? I know the description says that it's an introductory program for higher level provincial and HP but I'm not even sure what equates to higher level provincial so I thought I'd ask here b/c I know there are a few posters with gymnasts who have gone through the program in the past. Thanks!

Thanks for the info @gymmomx2

Wow, that seems like really high level skills for 9-10 year old girls. No wonder the Aspire girl(s) at our gym look like little superstars...they are! lol

And while the difficulty is about L7/L8, the routines are actually harder because they need to include more elements than L7 or L8 routines.

My dd went though the old program, well when it was CPN Aspire and CPN Elite, she just did Aspire. This was 2 years ago and she went to Easterns and had a pretty successful season. She then had injuries and tried to do Novice last year but again with injuries wasn't able to make it.

This year her coaches and her decided to put her provincial level 10 because she really needed the competition experience. There are more opportunities now for Aspires and Novices, but a few years ago it was basically one competition opportunity in November at tour, then maybe travel to Gymnix and then bam it's provincials.

I live in Ontario,by the way.

I was taught before by other coaches that what is now Aspire program was the only way to go to eventually make it at the national level. I now think it really depends a lot on the individual girl.

I guess the one thing is that they can begin doing actual competitions at age 8 in Aspire if they are ready.

Edited to add: Kitkat will have good insight on this you could PM her for more info.

I'm also in Ontario. I would agree that aspire 1 is level 7, aspire 2 more like 8 and some 9 skills.

My dd did CPN when it was aspire and elite. It was really tough for her to get to novice. Now Alex was only in CPN one year as our club never did it. I think had she had two years she likely would have been more prepared. Nonetheless she had a huge learning curve over that summer.

I like the new program way better now. It totally will have them closer to novice then when Alex was in it.
I like that they incorporate the bonus skills in the routine. So much hard to do a blind change in a cmeoutine as oppose to all on its own.

I loved that program except vault. Alex was totally unprepared for a real vault. Now that could have also been a coaching thing.

Thanks, my daughter 9 is doing level 8 this year with hopes to do novice next year. I guess we will just have to wait and see if it was the best decision for this season. I think she'll still have some work to do over the summer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back