WAG Question about wristbands for grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

TumbleTimes4

Proud Parent
DD got her kip a couple months ago and now her coaches have asked us to order grips. They haven’t really given us any requirements for the color of the wristbands, other than not to do any crazy colors. So my question is what colors are best to use for competition and are there any colors that I should avoid completely? Her comp leo is coral and black with 3/4 quarter length sleeves. Should I try to match the leo with either coral or black or would plain white be best? Is there a common preference among judges?

My daughter wears one pink and one blue one and her high on bars was 9.7 this year :) I doubt color really matters!

My kid prefers the Ten-0 long wristbands in white. She finds that other brands shred quickly. White blends in with the grips nicely.

My dd has been told by her coaches to wear white for competitions, my dd is convinced she will get a deduction if she wears any other colour? We are from GB

DD matched her leo last year one Gold on Black. She just asked for new ones, the request was for white 4-inch ones. Amazon filled the order.

Reactions: VIG
I know back in the day Nike made these light blue/grey colour which most of the girls preferred. They camouflaged chalk & sweat nicely (YUCK!).

I personally found black turned a redish/rust colour with the sweat build up, and ALWAYS looked dusty due to the white chalk. And the white turned yellow with sweat!

I think in this situation, to each is own. I don't think I have heard of deductions being given for wristband colours.

I have never ever thought of the color of the wristbands. My DD has had hot pink, bright blue and whatever else she has picked. All I know is they have never even remotely matched her leotard OR been a more neutral color!

Dd wears white ones for competition.

At practice, she wears all sorts of crazy colors! She never wears the white ones for practice.

My dd wears the cheap, white ones they sell in our pro shop. She also kept the same ones all year (gross). She will not wash them or change them, and likes the way they are stiff and hardened from water and chalk. Can't wait until after States next Sat to throw them out!!!

I have bought my daughter other colors to match LEOs. She only wears white.

All the girls wear lots of colors. At meets only white. I have no idea if it’s a coach rule.

My kid has at least 4 colored pairs wears only white

Reactions: sce
My dd has purple ones. They don't match her leo. She wears them for competition. It's not an issue here.

I have ones that are reversible, white on one side and pink on the other. We don't have any colour requirements, just that they should be about 10cm long.

DD has black ones for meets to match her comp Leo (she would also be fine with the other 2 colors that are in the leo, but she prefers black). For practice she switches it up, I think her current pair are hot pink...

The absolute best wrist bands for gymnastics are the Wilson terry knit extra wide basketball ones. They stay put because of the textured material and they’re thick which avoids wrist tears. I always hated Ten-O or any smooth or thin wristbands because they’re so slippery.

Reactions: VIG
The absolute best wrist bands for gymnastics are the Wilson terry knit extra wide basketball ones. They stay put because of the textured material and they’re thick which avoids wrist tears. I always hated Ten-O or any smooth or thin wristbands because they’re so slippery.
My kids both prefer the long Nike terry ones. My ds was also given similar Under Armour ones. As for color they usually use black or whuite. DS had navy ones when his uniform was blue.

https://www.amazon.com/Swoosh-Doubl...qid=1523740720&sr=1-3&keywords=nike+wristband

https://www.amazon.com/Under-Armour...740780&sr=1-2&keywords=under+armour+wristband

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back