question for gym owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachCatt27

May 13, 2008
I'm curious to know how y'all decide the pay rate for your coaches...
I am almost 23 years old, I have a few years of coaching under my belt (most with preschool & recreational, but about 4.5 months with team levels 4-7). I've also completed 3 years of college, but decided to take a break from school to figure out exactly what I wanetd to do with my life.

Anyways, the point of this post, do coaches who have a Bachelors Degree get paid more than a coach who doesn't? That's how I've heard it to work in other career fields, but got to thinking if the same goes for gymnastics coaches? Because i know you don't need a degree to be a great and successful coach, but would i be paid more if i go finish a degree? Or at this point would my time be better spent coaching full-time and spending my money on Congress and state gymnastics conventions instead of college?

Hope to hear from someone soon! Thanks!

Last edited:
Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

Shan126

May 25, 2009
I'm not an owner, but from what I understand where I work, it is how much experience you have. A degree in sports therapy or something like that might up your pay but as far as a bachelors in a field unrelated to gymnastics I don't think would make a difference. Is that what you meant? You will get paid more if you have certifications in safety and have been to Congress etc. Those are what matter most.

marie83

Coach
Coach
Former Gymnast
Proud Relative
Judge
Club Owner
Mar 23, 2009
West Midlands, England
Country
United Kingdom
I have a degree in coaching, but in terms of how much I get paid for coaching, it is my actual British Gymnastics coaching qualification that affects how much I am paid. I get no more because I have a degree.

Of course, that is just the way it is in my gym. I am lucky to get paid at all! Here most gyms are run by volunteers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!