WAG Question for Owners or Administrators

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DND

Proud Parent
I am not sure where to post this so please feel free to move it if required.

Our gym is looking at possibly changing our management program and I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions or comments both good and bad on ones you use.

On top of the usual registration and email requirements; we want to also be able to track volunteer hour commitments and fundraising commitments where the parent can log in and see where they are at on fulfillment.

Any other information or things to watch for when looking at programs is appreciated as this is new for me.

Thanks

It's my understanding you can't require volunteer hours if your talking about a booster club that operates with a 501c.
Many do though. If people found a legal way around this I would love some info. Too. This constantly comes up in our gym because so few have heard of this and having been involved with other booster clubs.

Coach2400 is right if you have filed your club with the IRS as non-profit 5013c. Go to IRS.gov and read the rules on this type of oraganization. I am also aware that lots of non-profits do write rules requiring participation in order to share in funds, and if you don't get audited, well... good luck

We are in Canada and as far as I know it is quite common for most amateur sports that they require all parents to do "X" number of volunteer hours as part of the registration. The same with the selling of chocolates or whatever type of fundraising is chosen on a given year.

I am pretty sure some of the various clubs here have been audited and had no issues as all money raised is declared.

Maybe it is different here, but we were just looking at options for a computer package that would be more user friendly and maybe a bit more powerful. We are not a huge gym, maybe 800 gymnasts in total and currently we have no online registrations and we do not have a pro shop or any goods that we need to track. Our problem lies when the data currently does not get updated in a timely fashion for members to view they get frustrated so I thought maybe there was a system that had all things in place.

Our booster club is not a 501c3, and we are required to volunteer or pay if we don't volunteer. I don't know what system they use other than a calendar sign up system, and then someone keeps track of it. The calendar is online, and I know they have a way to see who hasn't signed up, etc, and will email those that haven't to warn them they'll have to pay if they don't, etc.

We are a much smaller gym and jack rabbit is easy enough to use if someone dedicates the time to learn it.

My Old Program (Different Sport) Used Jackrabbot But We Never Used It For Volunteer Type Things...Not SurE How That Would Work But Jackrabbit Os A Great Program.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back