Parents Question for parents of boys....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flip4funmom

Proud Parent
This might be a little tmi and my son would be mad if he knew I was asking but it's driving me crazy....

What kind of underwear is best? It seems like my son is always messing with his while in the gym. We don't see it at home so I know it's not a wrong size issue.

Thanks!

Mine varies between tight ( stretch) boxer type undies to old fashioned y fronts ( also stretchy & neat fitting). Ds is 12.:)

Mine likes the athletic boxer briefs, like Nike or Under Armour.

Mine is phasing into solid colors, but still sports a good number of superhero and Pokemon briefs. Shh, don't tell :D

He won't wear the longer style underneath. He does not like anything to potentially peek out under shorts. Apparently that is not fashionable (to him).

In related TMI news, he is also strongly against the trend where shorts purposefully have a waistband that looks like an underwear waistband. I guess I have to agree with him here. :D

My son is also a fan of pretty tight fitting boxer briefs, though he is OK with stuff like Hanes so far and hasn't pushed for UA. :)

When mine competed T&T, everything showed through the tunic. Luckily the tramp pants and DM shorts provided an extra layer. But he had to do tighty whities. Boxer briefs were too long on the leg. And they had light tunics with white tramp pants, so color showed.

Tighty whiteys here -- though I have a suspicion that he sometimes goes commando with a singlet (they have the trunk type).

When DS was a L8, his coach joked that the only reason he was able to make his vault catch was that he had NO BUTT to catch on the high bar on his way over.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back