WAG Question re going from regionals to sectionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
Okay, we are still dealing with compulsories so I don't know a lot about upper levels.

What are the qualifications to go from regionals to sectionals (is that Eastern Championships?)
We are region 8, and have a gymnast at level 9 regionals this weekend, so I'm curious about how they make it to the next step.
thank you for any education you can give me :)

No sectional in levels 9 / 10. They qualify to states at a sanctioned meet. At states they need a 34.00 to go to regionals. Now it starts to get tricky. For level 9 eastern nationals and JO level 10 nationals ( I think it's the same for west but someone from there can chime in) gymnasts need at least 34.00 and be in the top 6 in their age group of which there are 8 age groups. Next 2 are alternates incase someone gets sick/injured before nationals. I think this is how it goes lol

Gymmom is mostly correct. in level 9, the top 6 from each age division at regionals (region 5-8) go to easterns. In the west, it is the top 12 because they have fewer age divisions.

At level 10, all regions send the top 7 from each age division (all regions have the same number of age divisions in 10) to nationals and slots 8,9 get to go to the NIT.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back